Prude, Lewd, Rude and Crude — a trip report

Yesterday was

and today is

so it’s probably time to start the trip report.

Dramatis personae

Prude, aka me. I’m the oldest. Early 50s.

Lewd, aka Paul, who I was special friends with for two years about 12 years ago. We reunited as (regular) friends last year. Mid 30s. (I know, right? Score 1 for me!)

Rude, aka Anthony, who is technically my longest-standing friend. We’ve known each other for maybe twenty years. Early 40s.

Crude, aka Stuart, who has been Anthony’s special friend for fifteen years. Mid 30s.

The plan

We’ve actually been planning this trip for around two years. It was originally scheduled for September last year. But, you know. That thing happened.

We leave home on Saturday and drive down to Heathrow Airport, where we are staying overnight. We fly on Sunday, arriving MCO at around 4pm.

Part 1 of the trip is UOR. We are staying at the HRH, mostly for the EPs, but also for the convenience and general coolness. Three nights, two full park days, including one very full park day (starting with EPA at 8am, and ending with the Holiday Tour, which finishes at 11pm).

46 Likes

We interrupt this trip report for breaking news:

We have just been invited to pre-select our meal on the plane.

We are flying Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic. So here:

Not here:

Unlike the scum in regular Economy we get actual crockery. They just get plastic trays, which is all they deserve. I think they eat the food with their fingers.

32 Likes

I have been waiting for this trip report. I know you will be too busy with friends and living in the moment to connect with the forum as much as you have for other trips, but I hope you are able to post now and then.

So which of those very British options did you choose?

12 Likes

I’m having the chicken casserole. DS is having the shepherd’s pie. And DA is having — I don’t think I can say this — the Thai vegetable curry. (I’m really worried about him. He said the other day he didn’t like ice cream. I thought we were friends.) No decision from DP as yet.

19 Likes

I love all kinds of curry but I would never order it on a flight. Best of luck to DA.

8 Likes

Following. I’m especially looking forward to seeing the photo of all four of you in mouse ears.

15 Likes

Why?

3 Likes

Feels like a prison term.

23 Likes

This is gonna be fun.

17 Likes

The plan (continued)

On Wednesday morning we transfer to ASMo for four nights, so four full park days and a half day at DS.

20 Likes

Food on airplanes is notoriously bland, in part because the cabins are so dry that it’s harder to taste. Of course if it were Thai level spicy, it could be rough on one’s digestive system. I’m sure @sanstitre_has_left_the_building will defend Virgin Atlantic’s meals, so I will be happy to be proven wrong.

6 Likes

This is how someone’s grandmother would describe it. In the 1950’s. To her church circle.

OK, better.

Wait, doing the math for 12 years ago…

Was he a student?

27 Likes

I had the same thought

9 Likes

I guess we’re both a little bit evil. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

I’m going to have fun following along with this one.

Pretty much. But don’t forget …

12 Likes

Your math is somewhat askew. When we met I was 39 and he was 22.

9 Likes

You’re in your fifties? Wow. You must have had a hard life.

Phew. Gosh.

I’ll bring a thermos of bovril, and some cod liver oil to keep the chill off and your joints nimble, for you.

24 Likes

Prison sentence would be shorter lol

24 Likes

Make sure it’s in your checked baggage though.

11 Likes

I don’t know. Maybe he was a slow learner or something.

On the other hand- you go, boy!

14 Likes