ProphetPaul’s Planning Process - Part 3 - Plan 2.0

Rope drop Spaceship Earth, you won’t be able to book any FPP at Epcot if you have them prebooked at HS.

1 Like

I’m just trying to help you plan with all of the things I have learned over the years, certainly not trying to talk you out of a special event. I might have done 3 MNSSHPs in one week in 2017. :rofl: Even if you go early, there are no special Halloween events before 7, except waiting in line for characters. I totally get wanting to go though.

That is something I’ve wondered about. I’ve read some of the characters may come out early, but treats and whatnot are not available until 7. Our plan would be to hit a few rides (and grab dinner) between 4-6, then hopefully see a character or two, Villain Spelltacular at 7:45ish, grab some treats and maybe some rides until 9, watch the parade, and call it a night. I know its a lot to spend for a little extra “magic”, but this is one that I’m pretty set on.

That being said, now I’m considering a late BOG ADR that night instead of MNSSHP. Maybe a 5:45 ADR? That way we can maybe see some of the festivities on our way out of the park?

Yea I have to agree with Wahoohokie. If you are going to do MNSSHP (and I too love it) I wouldn’t attempt an early morning the next day. It is fun, but it can get really crowded. DH and I are braving it, but no plans the next day until late in day

1 Like

Also I have been reading Beaches and Cream is going to be closed for refurbishment

Plan looks awesome! I would be open to the idea of longer breaks… we planned some 2 or 3 hours breaks and by the time we got back to the hotel it was always shorter then I had planned before we had to get going. Any pool time in the plans? My kids 2 and 5 loved being able to be in the pool. It was a good park break.

1 Like

I was about to post the same thing. Pre-Booked 3 FP must be in the same park. Same day FP for 4th, 5th, etc can be another park.

I’ve mentioned this before on your plans, but I think you have too much packed in to most days with kids that age. My 3.5 y/o has tons of energy and at home can go for a full day out on the town for all day activities like a museum and dinner out, but I quickly learned that t WDW, she needed a few hours of downtime at the hotel each day. I think the travel day takes a lot out of the little ones to start with and then the WDW days are fun but exhausting. And when building in rest periods, allow for travel time both ways.

Our typical park times were: Rope Drop to Noon and then back from 3:00 pm to 5:15 pm. Our last day we went back after dinner from 7:30-8:30 for 1 last ride at MK.

I cut a ton out of my final plans that my wife had already cut back before we left … she eliminated HAE dessert party, our 1/2 day at DHS (so we skipped that park), and MVMCP before we even left for WDW.

It’s ok to go in with whatever plan you want, I’m just trying to warn you to be mentally prepared that you may need to cut back significantly on these plans once you get there (particularly the evening plans).

1 Like

This, The planned breaks become shorter once travel time happens.

1 Like

Yes, typically the 7 Dwarves start meeting right at 6:15pm. The line by 6:15 will be an hour and a half or two hours long, when we met them we got in line at 4:15ish. Also Jack and Sally start meeting at 5:30, if I remember right. I think we got in line for that one at 3:30 or maybe even earlier (and by we, I mean my crazy, character obsessed friend got in line super early, the rest of us joined later). We met Jack as Sandy Claws at MVMCP in December, and she got in line around 2. For a 5:30pm meet! She likes to be first. Anyway, if you do go have a plan for whatever characters you want to see. Lines are quite long, so you need a plan on how to make it time effective.
The Villain Spectacular is great! Also, if you want your kids to see the parade, you need to stake out your spot immediately after the end of the spectacular. You won’t really have time for rides at this point, unless one parent is staying with your stuff and fiercely guarding your spot. People are fierce in MK about staking out their spots, and also will try to squeeze in anywhere they perceive a small space. I know this is your first trip, so it may be hard to imagine, but this is life for parade and fireworks viewing in our lovely Magic Kingdom (and at Disneyland, where the locals have no problem staking out a space 4 hours before the fireworks!). The early parade is very crowded as many with young children find themselves not able to stay until the late parade.
I honestly think a later ADR at BOG is a better use of money for your family. But, if you are like me, you will find a way to do both. :wink: Maybe start a new thread asking people’s thoughts on MNSSHP with very young children, and if they thought it was worth doing if you leave after the first parade. It would be nice to see what the Linerverse has to say about that, how they organized their time, and what they would do differently next time.

1 Like

The theme of this thread could be changed to “Be careful what you Wish For” (cause you asked for advice!) :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:
In my experience, when Epcot opens most will dash to Frozen, Soarin, and Test Track. You should be fine just doing standby for Spaceship Earth as long as you do not wait until Futureworld opens up closer to 11am so more are there awaiting World Showcase opening – and when all the hordes who did the headliners at RD then head to SE.
But that reminds me: check the rumors on SE: I remember reading it is schedule to close for a re-do. One of the reasons I made it a priority when I was there a few weeks ago

1 Like

If I were you, I would prefer more MK time to the morning instead of GF and Disney Springs and I would knock off Adventureland and Frontierland (with FPs for BTMRR, PotC and JC). I didn’t see Adventurland and Frontierland elsewhere in your plans, but maybe I missed them?

Our dates overlap too. Also going to that same MNSSHP.

Since Sunset is somewhat early (6:44 on that day), make sure you hit the Safari early enough to actually SEE things. They do offer a night time safari, but you have to pay extra for it.

I think you are thinking of the special tour safari. The regular extended hours twilight/night KS does not cost extra as long as it is inside regular park hours.

Your spreadsheet is a dream. What program are you using?

Ah. Okay. Could be.

I 2nd the advice to go to the safari before dark. We did ours at 5 on a 6 pm sunset day and it was great.

1 Like

PowerPoint actually. Just shapes and textboxes. Easy to slide things around and annotate.

Thanks everyone for your advice! Sorry for the lack of replies. Been a busy day or so.