Well, it’s been a few weeks since I posted my “perfect” plan, long enough for me to realize it was far from perfect. I’ve completely changed things around. The biggest change is that we’ve decided to make use of Park Hopper tickets to split days up and maximize Tier 1 FPs. We’ve also decided to upgrade from the Boardwalk Inn to a 1-bedroom Boardwalk Villa by renting DVC points. The price is almost the same, except we’ll purchase trip insurance to cover the possibility that we will need to cancel the trip (no refunds on DVC bookings). I’ve also managed to get DW on board with the 8-night itinerary (instead of 6 or 7 nights). She was concerned that the kids would get burned out on the trip after 4 or 5 days and just want to come home. This is certainly a possibility, but I’ve planned our itinerary to address it. I think the boys will be fine (who knows about DD1, she’s only 2 months old right now!), and here’s why:
- each day is significantly different (perhaps they’ll get burned out on “new” though?)
- we are switching hotels after the 4th night, so should feel fresh on days 5 and 6
- we are taking long breaks each day
- we’ll spend 2 mornings and 2 evenings out of the parks
My only major concern in this regard is naps/rest on arrival day and our “homeless” day when switching hotels (especially since DVC check-in is 4PM). If the kids are all exhausted, I do think they will get burned out. But we won’t know until we’re there.
Now, as far as the day-to-day plan, I’ve really re-arranged some things, and the “narrative” has had to change a bit. For the better though. It’s more “perfect”. I’ve also taken off some of the later evenings (no more pirate fireworks cruise ). After discussing “burnout” with DW, my first goal with the new plan was to maximize rest and minimize stress. I tried to put things in the evenings that I could go without if we are all too tired and we just want to call it a day. There are a few exceptions.
Well, I guess I will just go ahead and give a day-by-day breakdown again. It’s a lot to sift through, and a lot is copied straight from the previous plan (just rearranged). Note that I’ve removed a lot of the “color” here, so if you want a little more meat, you can look back at Part 2 – “Perfect” Plan(s).
Saturday 10/26 – First Experience
- Morning/Afternoon: Arrive! NO Chef Mickey’s for lunch anymore, we’ve opted for a later arrival, probably 1:30ish depending on DME. I’m sad about this change, but it really reduces the stress of arrival timing.
- Evening: Meet Mickey/Minnie ( FP1 ), explore Main Street, dinner at Casey’s Corner , see Cinderella’s Castle, it’s a small world ( FP2 ) will be our first ride, then Prince Charming Carousel, PhilharMagic, and Peter Pan’s Flight ( FP3 )
- Finish with HEA Dessert Party
Sunday 10/27 – Let the Magic Begin!
- No More Fantasyland EMM - we can do everything without it and save $250!
- Morning: We will knock out most of Fantasy Land and Tomorrowland; 7DMT ( FP1 ), Space Ranger Spin ( FP2 ), lunch at Pecos Bill’s if DS4 is up for Splash ( FP3 )
- Naps/Rest 1-3PM (ish)
- Evening: visit Fort Wilderness; Tri-Circle-D Ranch, early dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo , finish with carriage ride if boys up for it
Monday 10/28 – A Studio Sunrise and a Night Safari
- Morning: Toy Story Land EMM, followed by as many shows as possible ( FP1 if necessary?) and Fairfax Faire for lunch
- Naps/Rest 1-4PM (ish)
- Evening: AK round 1, starting with dinner at Satu’li Canteen , then Na’vi River Journey ( FP2 ) and Kilimanjaro Safari ( FP3 )
Tuesday 10/29 – Mickey’s Halloween Party!
- Morning: visit Grand Floridian and 1900 PF for breakfast then Disney Springs, World of Disney, PhotoPass Studio (in Halloween costumes), and Homecomin’ for lunch (no lunch-time entertainment at Raglan Road during the week ), maybe Aerophile if it works out
- Naps/Rest 1-4PM (ish)
- Evening: MNNSHP!
Wednesday 10/30 – From Belle to Elsa (this is our “homeless” day between resorts)
- Morning: PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest, Tales with Belle ( FP1 ), meet Gaston afterwards, then Storybook Circus: Barnstormer ( FP2 ), Dumbo, meet Goofy and Donald
- If room ready by 12ish (unlikely): bus to Boardwalk, check-in, and hopefully take naps
- If room not ready by 12ish: monorail to Epcot, then lunch at Garden Grill, followed by nap-inducing attractions in Epcot (Pixar Film Festival, Impressions de France, etc.)
- Evening: Beauty and the Beast sing-a-long, then Norway pavilion, Kringla Bakeri for dinner, Frozen Ever After ( FP3 ), and Anna/Elsa meet and greet
Thursday 10/31 – Extra Magic in the Future, A German Interlude, and a Studio Finale
- Morning: EMH in Futureworld: RD Soarin’ (rider swap), Spaceship Earth ( FP1 ), M:S Green (rider swap), Mexico, China (meet Mulan), and Germany ( Biergarten for lunch)
- Naps/Rest 1-4PM (ish)
- Evening: finish up shows at Hollyweird, Star Tours ( FP2 ), dinner at PizzeRizzo , Runaway Railway ( FP3 ), and Fantasmic! if boys are up for it
Friday 11/1 – Lions, Aliens, and Dinos, Oh My!
- Morning: DW is no longer planning to run Wine & Dine 5k, PPO breakfast at Tusker House, Kilimanjaro Safari, FOTLK and meet Timon, Flight of Passage ( FP1 ) for me and DW (taking turns) while having long lunch at Satu’li , then wrapping up with Dinosaur ( FP2 ) and Expedition Everest ( FP3 ), while kids are in Boneyard
- Naps/Rest 2-4PM (ish)
- Evening: visit Wilderness Lodge and Artist Point for dinner
Saturday 11/2 – Fun Running and a Magical Ending
- Morning: I run the Wine & Dine 10k, then to ESPN WWoS for 100-m dash (DS4 and DS3), followed by lunch at WWoS Grill .
- Naps/Rest 12-4PM (ish)
- Evening: back to MK to hit anything we missed, will book FPs for Splash, Big Thunder, and 7DMT in case boys want to ride them again (or modify to something else of their choosing)
- The Grand Finale: dinner at CRT
Sunday 11/3 – The Big Run
- Morning: I run the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, then pack, airline check-in, followed by lunch at Beaches & Cream , and Fantasia Gardens if we have a later flight
- Afternoon: DME out of the bubble…
- Evening: Be sad. Very, very sad…