Problems posting

Click the hamburger in the top right.

Can’t find the “hide preview” button (not in hamburger), but the android down button worked for me in order to see previous replies.

Edit: doesn’t work

2 Likes

Looks like an Android vs. iPhone difference.

2 Likes

So you have a “hide preview or something” button in your hamburger?

1 Like

I was today years old when I heard that referred to as a hamburger. Seriously.

I think it is an android issue. I can view the posts or I can view my reply and keyboard, but no longer all of the above. I just know they better not screw this place up lile chat bc then I’ll have no Disney community in my life anymore which would be so sad.

4 Likes

It changed for me too, so I’m still figuring it out. But if I press the arrow in the top right, the post clears away so I can see the thread. The arrows at the bottom don’t do anything. The hamburger menu just hides or unhides the tool bar (quote, bold, etc.). I can’t see both the thread and my new post at the same time anymore - it’s either or.

3 Likes

Yep same here, I had played around with both first too.

I’m sure you can quote right, but probably a pain?

2 Likes

Supposedly, but I haven’t tried. I’m just going to use my computer for now. :joy:

1 Like

Maybe “Hide Preview” is on the computer.

I’ll check later and report back

1 Like

Same here.
It looks much more like a sandwich IMO :laughing:

2 Likes

To me it looks like 3 horizontal lines stacked on top of each other :joy:

1 Like

Hmm. Hide Preview is just different now. Only, apparently, available on the computer. Makes sense as you’ve got such limited real estate on a phone/ipad.

When posting now, if I click on the small double arrow pointing left on the lower right of the screen, I can collapse it so that I don’t see the preview of what the post will look like anymore.

After you click it it looks like this:

Anyway… doesn’t help with the original concern. Just an observation and validation that there’s definitely been a change of some sort.

2 Likes

I haven’t been around much lately, but there was definitely an update recently. Was the addition of the TP app new with the update or did I just miss it before? I always had the Lines app for the chat and for wait times and touring plans but used a web browser for these forums.

1 Like

No, the forum app isn’t new. Do this:

3 Likes

OK, so I was totally wrong before. I thought I could, but now I see that I can’t type and view posts at the same time in the phone app.

But, from the app, if you select the Desktop View option from the menu and use it that way, it works.

Mobile View:

Desktop View:

1 Like

There’s a way to do a similar thing with iPhone where you can make a shortcut to a webpage on your home screen. That’s how I access the forum. It’s not officially an “app” though, in that TP doesn’t have to write any specific code to make it available.

First you click this icon on the bottom of the webpage:

Then select “Add to Home Screen:”

1 Like

I can’t find the forum on the TP app at all. Do I need to re-I stall it, or is it separate from Lines? If the desktop view looks like the website I can try it and see if I have the same problem.

You don’t see this?

It’s a separate app or a least a new app

When I click that it just opens the forum in a browser window, same as if I accessed it directly from the browser or from my home screen shortcut.

3 Likes