Princess 5k 2024 for Non-Runners: a Motivational Thread

Yes. Doing it once is a bucket list item, but since I live here if I don’t get in on this one I will try for the next one :grin:

4 Likes

Awww you’re sweet. DH has said he will walk with me, and even dress up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I saw the registration starts at 10am June 20 for us Mere Mortals. I’ll be trying!

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ll be logged in trying as well!

2 Likes

The 5k is very fun and completely relaxed. Nobody cares if you walk it or not. There are no balloon ladies at the 5k and it is not timed. I found out this year that if you run it you just have to wait an hour to get on the bus to your hotel, so I don’t think I will even run much of it if any this time. It is meant to be enjoyed! I think dressing up and taking pictures is the best part!

4 Likes

What is the liner plan? Log in before 10 and keep refreshing?

2 Likes

Same. And I should probably try to cross this item off my list sooner rather than later. These knees are not getting any younger :rofl:.

4 Likes

Yes. It didn’t used to be this crazy and stressful

2 Likes

I log in before 10 and refresh around 9:55 but once I’m officially in the queue I no longer refresh.

3 Likes

Do i use my normal Disney log in? Or is there something special i should have set up today? Any tips would be appreciated!

2 Likes

I use my regular Disney password to login

1 Like

Also, login before 10am EST. Anyone in before them is randomized into the waiting room queue.

2 Likes

Okay, is this where registration will eventually be?

https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend/events/5k-race/

2 Likes

That is the site I have bookmarked. Now I just have to get my staff who are exceptionally busy today to keep watching my screen and pull me out of a room if I am selected to enter. We are so overbooked today since I am out later this week. Nothing could go wrong, right? Good luck to everyone!!

4 Likes

Good luck!

4 Likes

Everyone put on here if you get in the queue. It may give the rest of us hope. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does the queue usually open up before 10am? I thought I did something wrong when I got on right now and didnt see it. Started panicking that i’m on the wrong page lol.

I’m in the queue, I think!

How does it look like? I’m not…