Princess 5k 2024 for Non-Runners: a Motivational Thread

Anyone who has taken a break from running for a length of time will struggle upon return

3 Likes

That is true, and I am carrying a lot more weight right now as well. I’ll get there. I’d really like to run the whole race.

3 Likes

I’m doing a 10K plan now too. We’ll get there! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Fun! Shame we can’t run together.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your running journey. Every step you take is an accomplishment and also confirms you ARE a runner.

The cost barrier is understandable. As for the justification based on distance, I always find a way to justify going to Disney. :smiley: Even if it is for the 5k only!

3 Likes

I saw some woman who had done the 10K and the Half last weekend say “OK so I’m not a runner but…”

I was like, “I hate to break it to you, but if you ran 19.3 miles in 2 days and also ran all the miles to train for that? You’re a runner.”

5 Likes

Your running buddy has been acquired. I am all for doing this! Run, walk, whatever… you’ve got a friend in me!

6 Likes

I’ll meet you both at the finish line with drinks :grin:

6 Likes

I’m putting in my order now for an avacado margarita please.

5 Likes

You got it!

3 Likes

fixed

3 Likes

You made my day!!! Wohoo!!!

2 Likes

Ok @ThorKat mark your calendar. You are on the hook for drinks with us at La Cava!

3 Likes

What day is it?

2 Likes

Weekend of 2/22-2/25 in 2024.

3 Likes

That’s over a year away!! I’m going to need a reminder :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

May we (myself and DS12) join this group? We start starting training tomorrow for the 5K at the 2024 Marathon Weekend. Leave it to Disney (and this group and DVC) to provide the motivation to get us moving. Are there generally Liner meets that weekend?

4 Likes

Of course! :clap: Welcome.
I’m all for having a liner meet that weekend. It will be fun!

3 Likes

How is the training coming along?

So we FINALLY got reasonable snow in Milwaukee over the weekend, so we are delayed starting our “training” in place of cross-country skiing and sledding! Doesn’t that count as cross-training (perhaps minus the tasty hot chocolate afterwards).

3 Likes

Any exercise (except raising glasses :wine_glass:) should definitely count! Ha ha

Yeah I have been a bit slow with training :grimacing::flushed:, but I blame the rainy/cold weather here in Pittsburgh.

I appreciate you checking in though. It helps!

2 Likes