Primeval Whirl

I still don’t understand yard sales in hockey. I thought it was a typo at first. Fights? Why are they called yard sales?

Because there’s gloves and helmets laying around on the ice when they have fights like you would have things on the grass for a yard sale

2 Likes

My teenage daughter loves this ride so I go on it with her.

Agree with others, not a motion sickness issue, more issue with the jarring stops and turns slamming you into the side of the ride or the rider next to you.

Is there a way to brace yourself on this ride?

Surround yourself with children who can act as shock absorbers.

8 Likes

But I’m only bringing one! And he has bony elbows!

3 Likes

The last time I rode, I was put in a car with a mother and her DD7 (or so). The look of absolute joy that the DD was exhibiting through the entire ride was infectious. This was in direct counterpoint to the mother who had a clearly fake smile pasted on her face for the sake of her DD, but her eyes read pure terror. This must be the definition of love…

5 Likes

In skiing yard sales are not generally voluntary. In hockey, they are. :wink:
It must be a northern thing.

A yard sale in deep powder snow is absolutely the worst. Some things you will never get back. I have actually hiked up the side of a mountain in the summer to retrieve one of my kids’ skis.

This mountain:
lone-peak

I stared out the window for the rest of the winter and said “I am coming for you, ski.”

And I did!! The star is where it was. Of course, by then he had new skis, but we sharpened up the edges and it was good to go for his little sis.

3 Likes

I get motion sick and Primeval Whirl doesn’t bother me.

They should put a wheel in the center of the cars so the riders can control the spin like on teacups

2 Likes

IMHO - I love Disney, but PW is nothing more than a typical “State Fair / Carnival” wild mouse style coaster. It’s fun, but only worth riding if the queue is short.

It’s definitely a step up from that; it’s at least twice as high as the “county fair” variety, and I’ve never seen a “fair” version with spinning cars…

1 Like

Maybe I’m spoiled, but both of the state fairs that travel to my area each year, in the fall, have really similar coasters & spinning cars and are the same size. (Delta Fair & MidSouth Fair)

PW does have fun Dino theming around it. I’m not saying not to ride it. IMHO you can spend your time riding something like “Dinosaur!” that you can’t experience anyplace else.

There is, for part of it

What? ?? How did i miss that? I could control the spin?

Tell us more!

IDK. It does tho.

You can feel when the lock lets go and you can spin it. I want to say it’s a little more than halfway through.

I remember Luke yelling at me not to spin to hard.

Altho maybe it’s not a wheel?

This video, at 2:15 you approach the “LOOK OUT!” sign and just thereafter you can see how the ride spins around and around.

I just rode this on my trip and I have to say it was the most painful ride of the trip. For those that have been to DLR, it is a cross between Goofy’s Sky School and The teacups. I didn’t get motion sickness, but definitely battered and bruised. I am glad I rode it, as we laughed through the pain, but it was one and done for me.

If i was in PR for Disney, i would definitely create a fake press release for Rise of the Resistance where it was just PW in the dark with some storm troopers and other Star Wars stuff on the sides

1 Like