Primeval Whirl

Primeval Whirl is a pretty standard Reverchon spinning mouse. There are more than 30 permanent installations of them. They are also VERY similar to the Zamperla spinning mouse of which there are also about 30 permanent installations. There are a number of travelling versions of each ride that show up at fairs.

Both rides stay facing forward for the first half of the course and then “unlock” and spin freely.

1 Like

That assumes I’m riding Dinosaur, and I’m too chicken for that! Okay, I could MAYBE do it if the rest of my party wanted to, but they won’t. Too bumpy/jerky for my 75 and 73 yo parents, and too scary for my wife and 7 yo. And the 3 yo is too little. So it’s PW for me + 7 while the others go on Triceratops Spin again, or we all ride Triceratops Spin 2x. We all love Dumbo, so riding Triceratops Spin multiple times may be the way we go. Bonus, short lines!

2 Likes

If you’ve never done Dinosaur, you really need to; the theming and technology are pretty impressive. It shakes you around a bit, but it’s not “jarring”. I say let the rest of the family play on the kiddie rides and go out and rescue the dino before the meteor hits…

2 Likes

I don’t fit on most coasters but I did on PW and loved it. I was able to ride it with DD and DW, I was so happy that I could do this ride I had tears in my eyes.

4 Likes

Another bonus is it holds 4 people comfortably which is rare.

2 Likes

Until the ride starts, right?

1 Like

It holds 2 per row and there are 2 rows. To clarify, triceratop.

I thought you were talking about PW.

This?

Yes.

EE was down during am EMH on our last trip so DH and I did PW for the first time. Based on what I’d heard I was nervous, but neither of us had a problem. When we got off I really didn’t understand what people were talking about in terms of sickness. I’ve felt a little bit ill on the teacups when we really got them spinning, but PW didn’t seem that intense/spinny to me at all. Obviously YMMV!

Hmmm. Here, I’m going to fix that for you.

All better :grin:

(Space Mt is my all time favorite!)

2 Likes

For anyone who likes Roller Coasters, it is hard to justify calling Primeval Whirl a coaster. Technically it is, but has absolutely NONE of the enjoyment you would find on any other coaster. It is, frankly, boring.

I DO get motion sickness from certain motions (spinning in particular, or inversions). For whatever reason, Primeval Whirl, when last I rode it, did not make me the least bit sick. But it just wasn’t fun.

HOWEVER, I do think the kids like it. What is weird is that it has one of the highest height requirements across all the parks (48")…meaning younger kids will be too short to ride.