Price Increases

You think Disney is bad on price increases, try booking airlines. They have more than doubled in price.

5 Likes

Seriously.

Totally agree.I thought I was crazy stalking 5 different airline sites every other day for spring break tickets. Until one day, one airline had pre pademic prices for my flight. And I havenā€™t seen that price again since.

But shouldnā€™t Disney realize we are being hit from all sides when they make their decisions? I hadnā€™t bought my DLR tickets for spring break when they jacked the ticket prices up (and hadnā€™t found the airline tickets yet). Because of all the extra expenses I dropped adding hoppers and dropped a day off our stay.

6 Likes

I got airline tickets a few months ago for my May 2023 trip. They were about 22% more than the same tickets in 2021 (bought in 2020), but I didnā€™t want to chance the price rising any further. Iā€™m so glad I booked, because ever since the price has been at LEAST 20% higher and right now it is 60% higher than what I paid. :flushed:

It very well may come down closer to the trip, but I feel much better having it locked in, even though at the time I was hoping to get a price closer to what I paid for my 2021 travel.

6 Likes

Yesterday, I went to look up flight prices and noticed there were some flights this December that were incredibly low! I was excited because when I had looked before, they were almost twice what they were in 2020. So, I started plotting out what it might look like if we flew instead of drove. After all kinds of math, I double checked and then it hit meā€¦I was looking at flights for ONE passenger and not two. When I did it for two, the cheapest flight wasā€¦you guessed itā€¦TWICE the price it was in December 2020.

Soā€¦weā€™re driving.

8 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to buy for June. They say donā€™t buy early but Iā€™ve also only seen it rise. Itā€™s insane.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say if you see a price that looks reasonable to you, buy. If prices are double what they were, you may want to hang out for a deal, cause there are occasional dips. I use the Hopper app which gives me alerts when a flight Iā€™m watching has low prices. There are lots of similar services.

3 Likes

I use Google and Hopper and they both say high/wait but I havenā€™t seen anything that much lower when I search for closer dates either.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t follow their recommendations, I only use it to watch the price fluctuations.

2 Likes

My airfare to WDW in February 2023 from SFO is over $700/person! Ironically, I can go to Oahu from SFO for about $340. They are similar distances and the same airline! Why o why am I going to WDW where I also need to pay big bucks for tickets and food?!

4 Likes

I just caught up on that episode :joy: I kept thinking there must be a better way! Poor Jim.

3 Likes

Booked our SW return flight for March. It said 2 left and although its higher than normal, it was the direct flight I wanted late in the evening. I booked bc if it really was the last 2 Iā€™d have to either spend another night $$$$, or buy the earlier direct flight for much less time at Disney and still more $$. I did spring for the transferable fare just incase we have to cancel, I have the option to move the funds around between my husband and myself. It was only $20 a ticket.

4 Likes

This is why I was so thrilled to get direct flights round trip on Alaska from DC to LA the week before Easter for $417 per person. It showed up for 12 hours and google did not let me know. My flight tracking (United, SW, Alaska, Jetblue) had $530 the lowest base price on Jetblie with one stop.

Thatā€™s close to BEFORE prices.

3 Likes

Times are so important! SW seems to have change a lot of the route times for atound here because they all leave super early these days (like 5 am).

If your fare drops at least you can get a credit back! The best thing about Southwest.

4 Likes

Two of the cheaper airlines weā€™ve used in the past use (SunCountry and Spirit) havenā€™t released their schedules through June yet. I know Southwest just released June 2023 this week.

The equivalent May 2023 flights (mid month Saturday to following Sunday) to our June 2023 trip is $233/roundtrip on SunCountry, while Delta for our actual dates in June is $608.

So Iā€™m definitely waiting for schedules to be extended.

1 Like

Never heard of SunCountry. I was hopping SW release would drop AA prices but it actually went up. Go figure. When does Frontier typically release?

1 Like

Theyā€™re not very big, and their focus is on vacation packages and charters. Like Allegiant.

2 Likes

That is close.

I couldnā€™t book fast enough! And the times were perfect.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to go with they realize it, and donā€™t care. They will take any and all money people are willing to spend. Iā€™ll concede that thatā€™s what a business does, but to do so much all at once at this point in time is extremely tone deaf.

3 Likes