Price Increases

Four Mickey bars. Plus tax.

1 Like

Sadly a Mickey bar is now $6/per. Yes a box at the grocery store is 4 for $8 but not in the magical island known as WDW.

I think he means there are 4 of them eating there. We canā€™t get Mickey bars here.

2 Likes

It is a lot, but with inflation these days, it doesnā€™t seem as bad as it should.

Price of milk and eggs is about 3 to 4 times what it cost us a year ago. The amount I just paid for our turkey? More than twice what it was last year. So 20%? Thatā€™s practically a rounding error! :grin:

2 Likes

I hate it when you make good points.

8 Likes

Have the turkey sales begun? I know thereā€™s like at time they get real cheapā€¦and then shoot up a few days before Thanksgiving to catch the idiots (such as myself) who didnā€™t get one in time.

3 Likes

Bit early for Christmas arenā€™t you?

Oh. I forgot you people have that.

5 Likes

I got one at Aldi today. Butterballā€™s were $1.09/lb. There were only 3 left, though.

3 Likes

I heard a commercial for I think it was BJs that they were giving away turkeys if you spent so much in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

I gotta order my damn turkey. DAMMIT!

1 Like

order it? Arenā€™t WEEE fancy??

Us normal plebs throw hands in the grocery store like our forefathers intended! FREEEEEDOM!!!

7 Likes

Ibotta has a bonus going on where you can earn a free turkey by redeeming 16 offers(coupons) by 11/18. That will be easy for me to hit as I do offers on there at target, cvs, and my grocery store; but turkeyā€™s are supposedly in short supply this year so I donā€™t wanna wait until I earn the bonus.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:t3:

Iā€™ve always ordered my thanksgiving turkey and my christmas ham. If that makes me fancy then I guess I am.

Iā€™ve never wanted to be a pleb. That I know.

2 Likes

still fuzzy on the whole "orderā€™ thing. From who? Iā€™m imaging you just go out your door and yell at the sky?

Orā€¦amazon?

3 Likes

hey, donā€™t knock it. TG Week at a grocery store? Greatest Show on Earthā„¢

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a turkey shortage this year due to bird flu. Especially big birds will be harder to find and/or more expensive.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what Big Turkey wants you to believe.

12 Likes

The butcher.

3 Likes

oh. And what is the baker and candlestick maker doing during this?

4 Likes

We donā€™t talk about 45 and anyway what does he have to do with thanksgiving turkeys?

3 Likes