Previous MAXPass users?

So my 1st DL trip is coming up…

It seems that the new GP+ will be very similar to previous maxpass.

My question is for those that have non- DAS eligible mobility issues - was maxpass helpful?

1 Like

Yep, we loved it. Easy to grab another FP on my phone as soon as we were able.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, couldn’t you grab another or the next MaxPass as soon as you checked inline w/ the most recent one? @93111tink May we ask you about this? please?

1 Like

That’s correct, similar to 4th FP (and beyond) at WDW. There was also a time component, I don’t recall the specifics, but it enabled you to hold multiples.

2 Likes

Thx, I’ve only been to DL 3x sooo I’m NO expert by any means. I do love DL and hope to go back again.

1 Like

How does it work with a TP? I’ve made (overly ambitious) TPs for my one-day mad dash at DL/DCA. Do you use MP (now Genie+) for the next ride on the TP? Does a MP/G+ for a ride being available trump a TP order? We’ve only got one day so efficiency will be key…

I think we just put our FP times in and re-optimized. If the updated plan didn’t use the FP, we’d cancel it and try it pull a different one.

1 Like

We never found the need to use a TP with Maxpass. You just grab what ride you want, when you want. It will help to know before your trip which rides go fastest and do them early. It’s going to be difficult to do both parks in 1 day though, you will need to figure out which rides you want to ride and which rides are skippable. Anyway you can add a day or two?

3 Likes

I’ve only used MaxPass twice, but I loved it. I optimized the TP, which really just sort of served as a list of “want to do” attractions, and then I chose the best MP option to match the list. As soon as the required time hit or I entered my MP attraction, whichever came first, I optimized and then made my next MP selection. It’s been a while, but I think I remember using MP 6-7 times on a fairly crowded day.

2 Likes

From what I remember you didn’t have to check in to get your next one. You just had to wait till that one was redeemable. So like if I got a FP for 8:30am at park open of 8am I could get a second at 8:30am without having first checked in for that 8:30am ride.

I know this has to be true because you could get multiple fastpasses from your hotel room during your afternoon nap.

3 Likes

We went on Columbus Day which was a 10 crowd level and got one for every single ride in the park that offered one. We didn’t get to ride Star Tours or Big Thunder because one broke down and the other we didn’t make it in time (twice so i was able to get two for ST). I loved it. It was perfect.

2 Likes

It was which ever occurred first. If you were able to use your fp before 90 minute mark then you would be eligible to get another as soon as you checked in, otherwise if was farther out, you could get one at 90 minutes. So you are correct if it was past the 90 minutes.

2 Likes

Okay so it was only at the 90 min you could do it without checking in? That may be why in the PM I could get a couple from the room then.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I would do the same.

2 Likes

Next question

• assuming the new genie+ will work like MAXpass

With the MAXpass if purchased and scheduled as a group did each person have to scan in separately?

With FP+ I made the reservations for the family but each individual magic band had to get tapped…

I recall you had to scan each person’s admission, which could be on one person’s phone if they were linked. Sort of like the Magic Mobile or whatever the mobile magic band is called.

1 Like

You have to enter the ticket numbers into one persons MDE account and then one person can book all of them.

The same ticket numbers can be uploaded to multiple MDE accounts or so I’ve been told elsewhere on this forum because I had the same question

1 Like

I thought Disneyland did not have MDE?

It doesn’t really but it has the app with your email account and the Disneyland app looks similar

Under tickets and passes you need everyone’s to show up on your account
Under there you can link tickets and passes so where my soda bottle is you can scan

3 Likes

I know I read through a good portion of the GP+ discussion in a WDW thread, but I don’t know if I ever read the final answer to this particular question and my interest is in Disneyland anyway. Can you get continual passes throughout the day using GP+ like you could with MaxPass, or is there a set amount that you can get each day?