Preferred Grocery Delivery

Staying at the Cabins at FT wilderness. Going to order groceries for the week. What is the preferred company to use? Need one that will deliver alcohol. Any restrictions getting the deliveries at the resort?

1 Like

Just looking at Prime Now… Never used it before. Looks to have what I am looking for. Thoughts on using for Disney?

Used Prime last October … only unexpected item was that Disney charged to bring the package to the room, plus the customary tip.

1 Like

Do you remember what the charge was?

I know it’s more expensive, but we always use Garden Grocer. We’ve used them for years and never had a problem.

3 Likes

Unless it has gone up, it’s $5 or $6. Before. COVID you could also just pick it up yourself and there isn’t a charge. It’s just charged if you have them bring it to your room for you. I don’t know if you can still pick groceries up yourself anymore

1 Like

@jeremy_dmiller $6

1 Like

i’ve used prime and garden grocer. prime was more cost effective but their stock fluctuates and i needed to make on-the-spot modifications to my order while placing it. garden grocer is helpful when planning ahead and very accommodating if you need specialty items. i had no issues or charges with delivery (at pop and pofq). if i had to choose, i would go with prime in spite of the need to be flexible about product availability. i placed my order at my departure airport and everything was there by the time i made it to wdw.

2 Likes

@jeremy_dmiller @linsalt I picked up my own Prime Now delivery in 2019 at POR. I had the timing down with my driver and met her at the front main entrance. The only problem was it was a lot of stuff and she wouldn’t leave it with me on the sidewalk :crazy_face: Thankfully she was able to communicate for me with one of the bellman-in Spanish- and he gave me a luggage carrier to get it to my room. :grin:

I don’t know if this is the norm, but if you will be at the resort the day and time of your delivery I think you can forgo the fee. Just have extra set of hands with you :wink:

2 Likes

I used Garden Grocer back in Sept. 2018 and loved it and would use it again next time we go. The website was easy to use, they had everything we needed, and the delivery was right on time.

1 Like

Thanks, we will ha e a golf cart at FT. Wilderness, should be fine to pick it up.

1 Like

We used Amazon Prime but This was 2018. Really easy to use. Ordered simple things and worked out fine.

This sounds amazing. Thank you for the info!

1 Like

With Prime Now, does anyone know if you order items from both Whole Foods and Amazon if they are delivered together or seperate?

They are usually both delivered together but 2 separate billing and delivery fees. No thank you. I made sure all my order was from the same entity when I placed my order last year.

1 Like

Thank you. That is what it looked like when I looked at the cart, I will just need to shift a couple items to Whole Foods to avoid their shipping fee, but having them ship together is the important part. Don’t want to have to worry about 2 orders coming.

Thanks!

did prime end up delivering alcohol to you at the Fort? Thinking ahead for my trip in Nov.
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes they did, simple for the most part. We actually did it twice (drank a lot more beer when I was back at the resort by 6-8) :rofl:.

Only issue was my whole foods driver… They got lost and there was a language barrier, but it got worked out in the end.

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for the update!

Can someone give me the “Disney Grocery Delivery 101?” We’ve had groceries delivered to our home, but never at WDW. How does it work?

We are staying at the Riviera next month.