Preferred Grocery Delivery

Not an expert as I just tried it for the first time… But it was very simple at FT. W.

I used Prime Now. Downloaded the app, entered Amazon log in and entered items into cart. I did this the night before we left.

Select 2 hour delivery window (this is what I wish I understand going in, thought 2 hr was within 2 hr… You have to select a 2 hr window in the future…it may be later in the day or the next day so I’d recommend doing this from the airport when you land).

I met my drivers outside registration at FT. W. Drop off at Rivera may be different, just ask. I think bell services will accept for you as well, but you may want to get confirmation from someone else or call the hotel directly.

1 Like

We ordered delivery from Walmart…only because that was one I was familiar with. Our area doesn’t have Prime Now and have never used Instacart. Actually did a Walmart curbside pick up order on our way in which was really quick and easy, more so than our store at home, and a delivery order midway. We chose a delivery window, which I believe was one-hour, and met the driver out front at our resort. Well worth the 7.95 delivery fee and tip.

1 Like

Anyone use instacart? Can i use it in VA normally and use it for a visit in FL?

I’ve used Instacart to deliver to Disney resorts. Easy. No problems. And I have used where I live and when I have visited FL.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

just wanted to add… @jeremy_dmiller mentioned that bell services will accept groceries for you. in my experience, this was the case. all times i’ve ordered (from garden grocer and amazon), the deliveries went to bell services. this was at pop and pofq. unfortunately, i can’t speak to current protocols and if resorts allow for that or not.

2 Likes

So funny because I always count up how many cans I’m ordering and divide by how many nights, then divide by 2 because both my DH and I are beer drinkers and NOW I also have to factor in the longer hours staying in our room :laughing:

Vacation beer math is exhausting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

LOL, yes it is!

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. Just curious if it is possible to have a Prime Now delivery made directly to your unit when staying at one of the larger complexes such as OKW. If you can give the unit number, it seems like the driver should be able to drive right up to your building to make the delivery. Has anyone tried this and had it work? A friend of mine is going to be at OKW for 5 nights in just over a week. She would like to get a few things delivered for breakfasts/snacks.

We had to meet them at the lobby at FT. Wilderness. Not sure if they will go to units at the others or not.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks.

Due to after Covid situation I usually prefer my grocery shopping from online Indian grocery store because their delivery is on time and all products are fresh.

Has anyone had a large grocery order delivered to their resort? In the past, I have always shipped all of our non-perishable items down to WDW from home in boxes and limited our grocery order to only perishable items (like dairy and fruit), and bottled water. With the price of shipping skyrocketing though, this is no longer sensible. That means instead of a few grocery bags, I will have a lot more (maybe 5 or 6 + bottled water). Is Guest Services going to flip out when they receive this? Staying at BCV.

We had a pretty substantial grocery order delivered to old Key West for our first day back in 2018. They didn’t bat an eye. The guy helped us carry it up and everything. It was waiting for us when we arrived our first evening and they just piled in the golf cart with our luggage and drive us over to our unit

1 Like

Thanks!

From our Jan 2022 trip: My grocery order was way bigger in person than it looked online LOL, bottled water, Gatorade, booze plus like 4-5 grocery bags. When I went to pick it up at bell services, they wanted to bring it up to the room (which they charge for now) because there weren’t luggage carts available (or whatever reason). It was late and I didn’t want to have the whole thing of them knocking and my kids in the shower etc. so I said no. She told me to go to try the valet outside to grab a luggage cart, and yep there are some hidden there (the valet had to go to some secret stash to grab it). Mentioning in case that is helpful.

Word of caution: the mini fridges at the refurbed non-DVC rooms (at least at WL) are abnormally shallow depth. I had to pull out my expert Tetris skills to fit everything in, and even so we had to rotate bottled/can drinks everyday to put a fresh batch in because they didn’t fit. OJ had to lay sideways, stacked some things. It all kinda fit but I wish I had know before buying two kinds of milk… We stayed at Copper Creek studio in May 2021 and the fridge was a normal dorm fridge and fit way more things so I wasn’t anticipating an issue. (But NO freezer, not even the weird little square one- so don’t buy Totinos pizza rolls like I did unless you are committed to eating them all the first day LOL.)

2 Likes

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

I wondered why they wouldn’t include a little freezer section…but then I realized, if they provide a freezer section, even a small one, you might not buy the frozen meals they provide down in the resort sundries shop at an inflated price tag!