Pre-trip airline anxiety

Yes I can, if there is room on the flight of course. Boston area for JetBlue actually includes logan, worcester and providence which is cool. So here’s hoping if we get bumped, it’s early enough that I can try and snag some seats :crossed_fingers:t2:

Yes, but PVD has only had one daily direct flight? I have been flying out of Logan.

Right exactly. My original plan way back in the day, the first cancellation in the cancellation folder, was a morning flight from providence which they have discontinued :rofl:

Pre-Covid, worcester used to have a direct flight to Orlando which was awesome. 20 mins to drive to the tiny airport, security took two seconds then off you go! Ah I miss those days

1 Like

PVD used to have a couple JetBlue direct flights and a number of SW direct flights. No more though.

2 Likes

My trip isn’t until mid-May and we’re flying Delta but I’ve heard horror stories from every airline. I have the same anxiety as you and am thinking he same thing - my home flight - I don’t care - I’ve built in two buffer days, but we better not lose vacation time!

2 Likes

Those direct SW flights out of MHT and PVD are missed. I do the SW surveys and I tell them I am flying JetBlue for direct flights.

4 Likes

It pains me whenever we don’t fly out of MHT which is 2 miles from here - there goes a plane now! - because of the crap schedules. Every time the airport director says something in the news about how great they’re doing I’m like dude are you even paying attention or are you just spewing garbage lies?

6 Likes

I just happened to notice that SW moved my nonstop to a layover in June the other day. Never got any notice. They have PVD, MCO and MHT as their sister airports you can switch to for no additional charge. I argued that BDL should also count (equidistant for me) and they changed it for no charge. The only nonstop from PVD was 5:30am - a no go with 2 teenage boys. I hate that I have to keep checking to see that they aren’t messing with my flights and not telling me.

3 Likes

I have a friend in your area that only flies out of BDL. It should be a choice!

2 Likes

Agree, and Portland Maine

2 Likes

We used to pretty much always fly out of PVD - so much easier than Logan… But the flights now aren’t great, so we are flying out of Logan for the first time in forever for a domestic flight.

1 Like

I flew Logan my last two trips, in November to DLR and January to WDW. Both JetBlue. It was so much smoother and easier than I ever remembered it being. Are you parking at Logan?

That said, there’s nothing like the smaller airports (PVD, MHT). I wish the schedules didn’t stink these days because we far prefer those airports.

2 Likes

Yes we pre-booked at Central Parking, which gives a bit of a discount.

2 Likes

SO convenient! You won’t even believe how easy it will be. It almost feels like you’re at a small airport if you’re parked at the correct terminal. We were like the length of my office hallway from the door to our car, and a short moving walkway ride and escalator down to JetBlue check-in/luggage drop

1 Like

What’s going to be really fun is juggling luggage drop off, security, and selecting our first LL, which will all probably be happening around the same time. :rofl:

Aw crap.

I would wait to do luggage til those 20 minutes later. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

“Hang on honey, we can’t go through security yet, I’m trying to book Slinky Dog!”.

This is what I expect to be saying at 7:00 on Tuesday.

Did I mention I dislike G+ and miss FP+?

13 Likes

Not to increase your pre-travel anxiety but it was the bag drop at logan for jet blue was the rate limiting step (Feb vacation week). It took over an hour and our flight was early am. Thankfully security moved fairly quickly but we literally had to run to catch our flight.

Basically, even though it really stinks, you might want to get there 2.5-3 hrs early in case that madness continues

2 Likes

Completely reasonable request. Nothing odd about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Ugh.

1 Like