Pre-ordering food at BOG and other BOG questions

It is interesting that this thread popped up today, as this is the first day that we can pre-order for our BOG lunch next month. I am all in on the pre-order thing, but I want to make sure that I don’t accidentally hose this up. Our reservation is for 5 people (DW, DD, FiL, MiL, and me). We are all on DDP, but FiL and MiL booked their own trip, and thus have their own credits. I see that they will not allow us to split the check for the pre-orders. So…if I “pay” for all 5 credits out of our bank, then at another meal my FiL and MiL could “pay us back” by covering us on for two of our meals? For example, at dinner that night, they could pay for my DW and DD, and I pay for just me (assuming we do QS for dinner as well)

Sorry, this is our first time, and like I said, just don’t want to mess things up or make it overly complicated.

Yes, if you use your on another meal your mother and father can pay for 4 and you can pay for the rest with your credits.

Awesome, thanks, I was pretty sure that was how it worked, but didn’t want to get there and be surprised.

Thanks again

so we can order an adult meal for a child on the dining plan at BOG lunch, right? We have the QS plan.

Yes - all QS meals are lumped together on the dining plan so kids can order from the adult menu at no additional cost. Nice rare loophole in the system right now…

1 Like

We had the same problem…We had 6 of us and there were parties of 2 and 4 sitting at the bigger tables ;eaving the smaller tables…it was very frustrating.

I recently posted that I didn’t like the notion of pre - ordering - after being there - PRE ORDER!!!

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, got our ressie on and will encourage the troops to pre-order!

One other question, if you have dietary allergies and want to take off some things from the way the dish prep is described on the menu, does the pre-order have a “notes” section or some way to indicate this in addition to having already selected the allergy option when making the reservation. Thank you!

Yes, you can use the allergy free menu. My MIL has a Gluten issue and we were able to pre-order for her. There is a button somewhere near the top of the menu that says something about allergies, click that and you can choose the allergy and then the menu changes. So for the Gluten issue (I think we had to pick wheat allergy) the sandwiches at lunch said they had millet bread or something. There was also a fish allergy so the Tuna salad was a chicken salad (or something like that)

2 Likes

For kids meals do they also get a cupcake (we are on the Disney Dining Plan)? Or would only the 2 adult meals get a cupcake?

I am referring to Lunch.

Thank you!

they get a kids dessert, a cookie or something, but not a cookie. But you may could order them an adult meal and get the cupcake, because I don’t think they distinguish between kids and adults on quick service credits.

1 Like

No cup cake on kids lunch. its main plus drink then a choice of 2 sides depending the choice of main meal. Sides were cookie,sweet potato wedges, french fries peach/apple ? apple sauce and green beans I think. DS had kids toasted sandwich plus f fries and sweet potato wedges. Pre order is best as you get to see what your options are and you can get it customised eg no tomato etc.

We are not on the dining plan and will be pre-ordering. My question is whether our kids (who are Disney adults at 11 and 13) can order from the kids’ menu when we pre-order.

Thanks to all.

Yes my ds13 ordered from kids menu via pre ordering w/o dining plan. My dd10 only ordered fries. You can order what you want.

1 Like

So, I’m just starting to look at pre-ordering for our breakfast in a few weeks. Breakfast at 8am and we’re planning lunch just before noon…
We’re not huge eaters in the morning - typically just cereal and coffee, or something similar. What do you folks recommend, there? We have 4 adults and 2 kids.

If you aren’t big eaters and have lunch planned, I would suggest splitting the meals to 2 people per “meal”. My personal favorite was the open face bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, and I found that it was a significant amount of food.

Splitting that, and the accompanying pastries, should be near perfect for you

Does anyone know if you pre-order can you change what you want at a later date? Is there a cut-off before the ADR for changes?

I think you can change it right up until you pay for it. Like, you can modify the order on the kiosk where you pay.

We made changes at time of payment.