Pre-ordering food at BOG and other BOG questions

We got three offerings at one kiosk. The conversion must be spent at one location. I could never do the deluxe dining plan. It is too much food. I typically have yogurt and a salad for lunch. On the road at McDonald’s I get a side salad and a yogurt parfait or a plain hamburger. I got the meat option at BOG. I am allergic to eggs and don’t like them. I also don’t like waffles and pancakes. My goto breakfast at Disney at the resorts is the croissant, bacon and cheese sandwich with the egg replaced with tomato slices. At home, OJ, banana and cereal.

They started allowing more flexibility in the last few months.

1 Like

do you have to pre-order?

I’m happy I saw this thread. We have reservations our first day at BOG (2:05 on a Sunday). I didn’t realize that you didn’t go in and order like a regular restaurant.

Seeing this thread, I plan on pre-ordering. Is the meal then brought to us at our table? Or do we have to pick it up somewhere? Also can a meal be customizable? My grandkids love macaroni - but not with tomato sauce - can we order it without the sauce and with just butter?

1 Like

@davidtyost, you do not have to preorder, but it usually saves time. You can place the order that morning if you want.

@JanSchocklin, you preorder by going into your MDE account and next to the ADR there is a preorder link. There should be a modify link but I do not know what the status is on plain pasta lately.

They bring the food to your table, but you need to find an empty table to sit at- they do not seat you.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am finding the information that I get here very useful. It will really help me plan my first day.

1 Like

Currently on pre order for kids pasta it is whole grain with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. You can untick the boxes and you will get it without 1or both. There is no option to add butter though You then choose a side and drink

1 Like

i love the fact that there is efficiency - but I would rather eat what i want on that day

You can order that day.

I see on the pre-ordering screen it mentions that they are unable to split checks for online orders. We are a party of four but only two of us have DDP. Do you think we can still pre-order online and use our meal credits for two meals and pay OOP for the other two?

People have reported they will take four credits.

I am looking to split half credits and half OOP though.

Yes, but they will not allow that. If you order for four you have to all either pay cash/credit or they will take four credits.

Oh, I see. Thanks!

Is the drink included with the menu item? It gives you a choice for a drink, but when I preview what I ordered I don’t see a drink listed.

We had lunch and it showed up as its not included. For breakfast its inc in meal price so it won’t show uo. All drinks are self service anyway.

I’m going for breakfast. So they give you a mug or a cup and you pick whatever you want?

There are drink stations set up in the rooms. You grab a cup there.

1 Like

We ate at BOG on Saturday for lunch and so glad we pre-ordered! The regular line was so long but we walked right up. We had reservations too of course! Thank you all for suggesting this! Meal was probably one of the best we had all week and we ate at California Grill too!!!

Drinks were included in our lunch and since you got yourself, you can refill!

So cool to see this thread from way back. I started this thread - and am happy to report we followed the pre-order advice from this forum on our visit last Thanksgiving and am so glad we did. The line to order was enormous! We saved so much time and aggravation. People in the ordering line were commenting that they wished they’d known they could pre-order. This was a great tip.

One note on the kids meals: they were pretty small portions. My son, who is about the lightest eater of any 6 year old (he’s in just the 6th percentile for BMI, and extremely skinny), was still hungry after finishing his meal. I can count on one hand the times he has finished all the food in a kids meal anywhere. We ended up sharing our food with him. If we return, we would order his off adult menu.