Pre book LL’s starting July 24

OH, duh! Disney liked those park reservations that they mostly did away with. Now, they essentially are back! :bulb: moment for me. :joy:

15 Likes

That was a serious question. How to contact a huge company.

My apologies for misreading your comment.

2 Likes

For the character meet n greets, my guesses are princess pass like others have mentioned OR day-of only LL availability. To give day-of (and all) users lots more availability.

6 Likes

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

5 Likes

You’re right. I do know quite a few people who are DVC and AP passholders and not US or Canadian residents but I realise there’s a self-selection bias there and not even remotely representative of most international travel.

I answered before I’d finished the thread and realised that they’re actually stating it upfront. It’s the only change I’m incredibly upset about. I was fine with FPP, I liked (and disliked) different things about Genie+. We can change our strategy and will still have all the fun. But whyyyyy mess with us on this!!??

And Aer Lingus isn’t even done messing with me this week, either :frowning:

7 Likes

Thank you.

Will you let us know what their response is to you?

1 Like

Hmmm. Thanks. I wonder if there’s a way to disable or spoof the GPS element… I find it a bit odd, since they allow us to buy tickets in advance - so what’s the difference with buying this?!

6 Likes

I’m 99.9% certain that this issue in particular is about your physical location when you book through the app and residence doesn’t play a part in it.

I’ll be able to confirm when it starts, though. I’ll have a friend in the US sign into my account and see if she can book in advance. If that works, I guess there’s the workaround.

8 Likes

I dont understand what difference a persons physical location matters at all. I wonder what Disneys rationale is here…
ETA: I understand the difference it makes in a person being blocked from doing something. Just not the ACTUAL difference it makes to Disney.

5 Likes

It’s existing code in the app for LL bookings. It’s in a thread here somewhere, I just can’t recall where.

2 Likes

Oh no! What has Aer Lingus done to you? I will never forgive them for losing all our baggage. We didn’t get the second suitcase back for 8 weeks.

5 Likes

Maybe this: Location faker thingie? - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

@JJT this is an old thread so not sure if this has changed to your knowledge?! I might buy a second hand android phone if it allows me to get around the gps issue (which seems to be the way the MDE app might block us international guests from buying the LL)

5 Likes

We’re taking my mum to Ireland for her 80th birthday. She didn’t want a party, she wanted the multi-generational trip. We booked a national geographic families tour since our ages range from 9-80. My mum arrives today (from Toronto so she didn’t have a problem). Our flights through Heathrow on Saturday were canceled twice (including the rebook) because of the strike. We got on the last BA flight of the evening so fingers crossed we’ll only be there 14 hours late so tired but otherwise we’re very stuck trying to catch up with the tour. And I’m very concerned about cancellations getting home. So that’s my sob story. If it’s just the 14 hour delay it’s unpleasant but doable. I just hope it’s not more.

7 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Same. But with cocktails. And definitely the pool.

4 Likes

Tried to skim most of this thread, and think I have one thought to share:

I remember when Genie+ first came out and through D23 I got a free run to use it on opening day so I test drove it remotely from home.

At rope drop the day planner sent me to Swiss Family Robinson, then at 7:48am tried to get me to go to Pinocchio Haus to order lunch.

what's happening2

We are far from knowing how this system will play out in reality until we have boots on the ground.

This also goes for whether this new/old FPP++ system will be Better/Worse for the General Public and/or Hardcore Liner Planner types.

As much as I hated how much work G+ was in park and almost melted my phone, the sheer insanity of it most definitely meant we in the know had a distinct advantage over the masses.

This new/old system seems less complex, which may make for less advantage to hardcore planners.
But,
There will be loopholes.
We will find those loopholes.

26 Likes

I have used the Fake My GPS for a few of the virtual wait lists and it works well. I’ve used it in real life for a couple of things too. But as far as I know FP+ and Genie+ never used GPS.

4 Likes

100% Still works. I just suggested it to someone this morning!

Tested it just now too, who would like to join me for lunch at Geyser Point?
(Full disclosure: I’m in NY, so may be late.)

Rather than buy a phone, you might try using something like Appetize.io, which I used to play around with for the old Change Party trick (RIP) using the old FPP system.

You can create a virtual Android phone, try adding FakeGPS and MDE to it and login from there. (I haven’t used that tool in awhile, so not sure if there are limitations on how long it lets you play per session with a free account.)

14 Likes

For fun I asked Gemini AI to create a graphic image of a crest including the phrase
“There will be loopholes. We will find those loopholes.” It gave me this.

Loopholes Dark

Seems a little metal.

So I asked it to do the same using the Disney style… a little loose on actually including the words, but I like it! I think I might have to clean that up by hand and make some t-shirts. :tshirt:
Loopholes Disney

39 Likes

Park hoping will be a cost savings in some circumstance. Staying on site offers a benefit taken away with the old version. There’s more but I know they don’t fit how YOU want to visit and tour the parks.

If you don’t like the offering you don’t have to buy it.

5 Likes