Pre book LL’s starting July 24

Me toooooo

1 Like

The new system look soooooo much more simpler. I think this new system will make day of touring less stressful.

6 Likes

Except the names

They had the chance to make one Lightning lane Multipass and one Genie - who makes your wish to skip the line for the newest and most popular attractions come true

But instead they went with Lightning Lane Multipass and Lightning Lane Single Pass which is still clear as mud for the average guest. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

To be fair, not everyone complained.
But I most certainly did, so…… cheers :clinking_glasses:!

5 Likes

Voice of reason, as usual.

6 Likes

I heard there was a sub today

9 Likes

Just wait till they announce Lightning Lane You Shall Not Pass.

29 Likes

Dude.

You don’t say a lot but when you do it hits just right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

This was my very first comment on this thread. Much better options: Genie Plus vs Genie Premium. OR Genie Select vs Genie Premium. I think the biggest issue was adding “Individual” to Lightning Lane and expecting people to understand it.

2 Likes

I think they view the name Genie as toxic from a marketing perspective.

11 Likes

Kind of wordy. Do bloggers like this get more info than is released to the general public? Or is Blog Mickey and Scott Gustin just guessing?

5 Likes

I love mornings – its like WDW treasures me visiting :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Who doesn’t like their wishes granted? Or is it the ones who have the gold make the rules? Or maybe it’s the image of being enslaved to the “man”. I agree though, lol. I dont care for the name. I see no connection with Genie and Lightning or Lightening.

I’m just going to throw in my 2 cents - although I can see that a lot has been said already. Maybe a slightly different viewpoint…

I have bought Genie + exactly once since it was launched. I only saw it as a source of frustration…I’m happy to just pivot in a park and make the ride times work for me (but I’m not travelling with kids).
But reading through the announcement (and all of your comments here)…I’m much more likely to buy in to this version. It is one less thing I have to do in the AM and I am certain I can rely on drops and pick up what I need. I’ll still need to see what price tag it carries, but I’m tentatively on board with these changes.

16 Likes

For me, mostly questions! But that’s because my window to book is the first day that this thing starts so that will be interesting! I will report back!

11 Likes

I wish you the best of luck! So frustrating. Couldn’t they give some notice? The 24th is going to bw such a mess IT wise. At least it’s not a Tuesday.

6 Likes

Agreed. I was happy the 7 am BS went away, but seems it hasn’t really since apparently you have to be up then anyway to RD. Which I won’t do anyway, cause I don’t care enough about riding most things :laughing:

7 Likes

Someone said in a post earlier, this new change helps us avoid getting up before 7:00 to book LLs. I usually could just go back to sleep. BUT…

Now, we have to get up early AND get to the park early to use the first LL so we can book the next and not be behind others in getting that next LL.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

8 Likes

Very interesting that the character meets have been removed…

3 Likes

You don’t have to RD to use the new system. It’s a choice. :wink:

7 Likes