Pre book LL’s starting July 24

Lost track of time and left work 15 mins late reading here because of this announcement :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Love your pep talk and agree with your analysis. I will miss the ability to stack, but was just saying how stacking worked really well for my family on my last trip, but not me, being the one who woke up.at 7am and couldn’t go back to sleep, and setting timers and arranging things all day until we got to the park.

The first time I did this in 2022, it was fun to see how well I couls maximize the system. This past March, it was less fun and more work.

Now my family will get to see some characters at HS because we won’t go so darn late in the evening.

13 Likes

At least you weren’t actually working!

3 Likes

M&G standby lines move slow enough even when they don’t have LL. Good riddance, IMO.

4 Likes

I was supposed to finish all of my TP’s this afternoon. I did not get even one completed!

7 Likes

Thanks, that’s one of the nicer compliments I’ve gotten here :slight_smile:

If you can choose a RT for all headliners it makes planning the day much easier. No more modify modify modify to get an RT that’s convenient.

Improvise, adapt, overcome. Liners will crack the code on this and make it work.

In the announcement they said onsite guests can book 7 days in advance and offsite 3 days.

7 Likes

I think LL’s were added to meet&greets as a (desperate) way to increase G+ capacity and soak up G+ demand. Now that DAS usage of LL capacity is significantly reduced, they prob don’t need it. Not defending the DAS changes, just my assessment of how Disney views it.

6 Likes

Wow. This thread was a lot.
Overall I think the changes are good. I look forward to testing it all out in August.

7 Likes

It’s interesting that you can apparently book whatever you want on the day of (like tiers don’t matter then). In the past you had to use up your 3 FP+ before booking more (including the 2 tier 2 ones- I remember tapping into star tours and then leaving, lol). This way you could theoretically book just a tier 1, and then book more tier 1’s right away when you arrive. This of course would have to be tested.

Hoping for clarification on the re-rides! That’s huge for me. With drops and refreshing we rode stuff 3 or 4 times.

9 Likes

And that’s one of the many reasons why this is the best news for rope droppers! :heart:

3 Likes

Revising my TPs now for my fall trip and here is the fallout so far:

(1) I’m going to have to arrive at the parks earlier than planned.

(2) HS has become much more difficult to plan. HS was the perfect park for stacking with the current system.

(3) I’m concerned that the “book for your entire trip” concept is going to cause issues with my plan to ride
SDD on Day 1 of my trip, Remy on Day 2 of my trip and TBA on Day 3.

(4) I don’t think PPF or Jungle Cruise is worth using on a Tier 1 so we will likely skip both of those unless we can get them day-of.

(5) I don’t like the lost flexibility. I don’t know how much my family will like TBA so don’t know whether to use that as our Tier 1 on both MK days or not.

12 Likes

I can’t read this whole thing, too long so others may have already touched on my thoughts.

This solves a few things for Disney:

1. Gets people to pay for Genie+/Multi Pass Lightening Lanes that had chosen not to for the following reason.
    a. Don’t want to wake up early
    b. Want to plan ahead of their trip
    c. Want to pay before going on vacation
  2. Allows Disney to raise prices during a switch over. People still go to Disney despite the cost and paying ahead gives the illusion of not paying as much (see dining plan)
7 Likes

Yep. The old strategy was grab and use them as quickly as possible which could work well here.

The tide has turned back in favour of those of us with kids up early, lol.

5 Likes

I need to go to my planning thread for August and rethink everything.

4 Likes

And those of us with spouses who are up at 5am and become grumpy by 1pm. :partying_face:

9 Likes

“Move on” is more my preference anymore.

4 Likes

Since SDD is my only must-do at DHS, the new system makes it significantly easier for me.

Plan is to secure Slinky, rope drop something else, and finish everything by noon, just like in the magical pre-Genie times!

13 Likes

Is it wrong that I think it’s fun you got to plan your trip once, and now you get to plan it again?

20 Likes

:joy::joy: This is true. It’s been a long work day though. No breaks till I heading into this thread.

5 Likes

TT is down so not listed but I assume it will also be Tier 1. Epcot is a dud then. You can only book 1 ride that’s worth it. They should have moved Soarin down to Tier 2 with Remy now.

4 Likes