Potential New Interactive Tool

Would a tool like this help you to make decisions about where to dine during an upcoming trip? Restaurants in the top right corner are easy to reserve and also have high satisfaction, which restaurants in the bottom left are hard to reserve and have below-average satisfaction. You would potentially be able to filter based on price, location, cuisine, etc. Hovering over a dot would tell you which restaurant is represented. The tool would be updated regularly to make sure the data is fresh.

9 Likes

Here are some examples of a price-filtered view, with the restaurants labelled.

6 Likes

We like data.

2 Likes

Yes! This would be terrific, thanks Becky. I hear you’re a data and analytics nerd :wink: :+1:

This is why I love TP :blush:

4 Likes

Nope. I choose what I choose. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Where do you get data on that?

It’s a nice clear chart that would be helpful to work out which ADRs to prioritise on booking day.

2 Likes

I sure am! Finding some new ways to slice and dice Touring Plans data and make it more visible to everyone :smile:

3 Likes

Satisfaction data comes from post-visit surveys. For the chart above, percent of responses that got “Thumbs Up” on the survey in the past 3 years.
The reservation data comes from the Reservation finder. Pulling the percent of reservations input into the reservation finder that were found successfully.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Many of us really enjoyed the March Madness Resort Series (there is a thread)

Aw, thank you! I should’ve checked in long before now. Will go hunt for that thread.

Would also welcome input on what goes on the axes (or if you would like to be able to choose that to. For dining, cost comes to mind. Or overall number of reservation requests (as a proxy for “popularity”).

And would this be interesting for resorts and/or attractions as well?

I think the most common question for dining is, “what should I try to book first”? I suspect the reservation finder data could help with that? That data alone (the most popular and the rate of fulfillment) would be what most of us crazy planners here would love to see in some form.

9 Likes

This looks really cool.

All data is fun data! Although I don’t think sure a plot would influence my choices, it would be fun to play with.

1 Like

This is great! It would definitely help with prioritizing ADRs. Thank you!

2 Likes

Last time we went (pre-COVID) we checked the app in the late afternoon and went wherever had an ADR available. Even with so little food planning, I still was able to go Via Napoli – a must do for me.

This!

Math (and graphs like this) just confuses me!

1 Like

I think I have to read this five times! Wow!

2 Likes

Also, Attraction Data from a couple days ago…

3 Likes

Two more articles coming at you next week along the same idea: resort satisfaction vs cost, and dining satisfaction vs cost. All of the data!!!

4 Likes