Potential New Interactive Tool

For those interested, resort satisfaction vs cost will be posting around noon Central today - check it out and let me know what you think!

5 Likes

Here it is :blush:

1 Like

Really interesting! Thank you for doing these comparisons!

1 Like

So I guess the fact that the graphs worked out so nicely means repeat guests drive demand in accordance with their satisfaction (or guests are steered properly by reputation), and Disney is fairly responsive in pricing the rooms according to that demand?

Iā€™m glad the rack rates are used, so the end user can figure out where their ā€œdealā€ might land them.

Love that the methodology was detailed. Well done!

I do wonder if the Villas at AKL Jambo House are lumped in with Kidani on the Villa graph or Jambo House on the Deluxe graph or excluded? Did I miss them somewhere? @rgandillon

Good question! For those two resorts, the rooms are all grouped by location. So any villas at Jambo are represented as Jambo.

1 Like

I have loved this whole series and find it extremely helpful. Thank you for doing all the research and preparing these articles. Job well done!

2 Likes

Dining version of satisfaction vs cost is up on the blog!

1 Like

The resort graphs and posts have me thinking again about the resort March Madness. Jambo included DVC and cash rooms but BC/BW/WL did not? Asking for a friendā€¦.

Yeah, the way post-visit surveys are collected, AKL is only split by location. So Jambo includes both DVC and cash rooms. Thatā€™s the reason I ran the tournament that way - solely matching how we collect things in the surveys. And so thatā€™s how they show up on my comparison charts too.

Super interesting! And mostly validates our picks for our upcoming trip, which is reassuring.

The one that jumped out at me as an oddball was Jaleo because itā€™s more a tapas place, I think, so itā€™s cost placement seems a little challenging. Even some of the meat/seafood dishes are really ā€œsmall platesā€ rather entree portions. No idea what to do with that. But it sort of looks like a bargain with the current placement, and Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s reality based on what Iā€™ve heard.

Thatā€™s a good point. For Spice Road Table, I assumed you had to buy at least two small plates to make a meal and priced it accordingly. I didnā€™t do the same thing for Jaleo, but it may be worth revisiting.

1 Like

Yeah, plus the $200 group paella.

New post in this same series just landed this morning. Of special interest to DVC owners or renters.

5 Likes
1 Like

Posted this in the Accommodations category too because Iā€™d love feedback about other ways to dig a little deeper (yes, yes that was a Princess and the Frog reference) that would be helpful and/or interesting.

2 Likes

Thanks! Sorry, if Iā€™m a little impatient :crazy_face:

Not at all! I appreciate the speedy share.

1 Like