Post Trip Personality

Oh heck no.

One whiff of me past noon and they’ll be begging me to go wash up and change.

5 Likes

The only mid-day showers I get are on the water rides or misters.

5 Likes

I never unpack at hotels. I live out of the suitcase. I watched someone (drunk) pee in a hotel room drawer once and I knew then I was never putting clothes in drawers. And there will probably never be a day that I unpack and do the laundry the day I get home. It’s probably going to wait until the weekend.

4 Likes

I mean, why did you pee in the dresser drawers? :thinking: :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Oh thank goodness. If I’m even close to the same boat as you as far as unpacking I feel so much better! It takes forever to be completely unpacked. Particularly the little stuff. Technically there is some stuff from our March/April trip that hasn’t been put away yet. Of course, that’s partly because that stuff has become part of the overall overhaul of our house but still… Even being retired I can only do so much organizing/cleaning before needing to stop for a bit.

5 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t happen here much. Part of my getting overwhelmed etc. plus right now we have some technical issues that we need to figure out long term with storage.

2 Likes

What scrapbook program do you use?

2 Likes

I knew I loved you!

4 Likes

Oh dear I’m going to get put in jail soon. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Be free!

4 Likes

Very rarely do we do laundry on a trip. But one of the best experiences/memories from our Japan trip in 2006 was being in Kyoto and doing loads of laundry in a neighborhood laundry. Tiny place maybe the size of a monorail car. Instructions mostly in Japanese but plenty of pictures. Had great sort of conversations with locals walking by or also doing laundry. It was definitely a slice of life moment. That was a 3 week trip.

9 Likes

Yay! Thank you! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

I’m old school paper, pens, stickers :wink:

8 Likes

I’m not the only one still using old school paper and stickers?!?

7 Likes

@ThorKat and @Dreamer old school is certainly less aggravating.

I switched to shutterfly when I switched from 35mm to digital. About the same time my old school stuff started falling apart cuz I didn’t know about archival quality.

I don’t care if the shutterfly stuff falls apart. Those pictures don’t really feel like photos I’m trying to preserve. :thinking:

6 Likes

But you mentioned uploading to a digital album? What do you use for that?

Banker and bail bondsman. :rofl:

3 Likes

I meant on my phone. I like to organize them so if I want to print anything later they are easier to find.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks.