Possible upcoming announcements

We just heard about the return of The Little Mermaid musical at DHS.

Rumor is that we might hear an Encanto project soon.

Also, that Universal park rumor for England is definitely true. I expect to hear something official closer to the UK general election, so next year.

30 Likes

Len…Any update on when they will release Genie+ advanced booking and how it might be structured?

2 Likes

I’ve heard nothing recent, other than it’s still moving forward.

I think a lot of the details are going to be decided at the last minute. As usual.

4 Likes

Think they will have Tiers?

3 Likes

100% yes, even the Magic Kingdom.

5 Likes

Jeez, that cannot come soon enough.
Just sayin’!! :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

that stinks…Think tiers will be for pre booking only or for all day?

2 Likes

That’s the part I don’t know: If you’ve already booked a top-tier attraction in advance, and there are day-of reservations still available, can you book another one once you’ve used your first?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Just my opinion, but if they are going to bring back Tiers park wide for the whole day then i would rather they do not change anything at all. I do not like the 7am booking, but I would rather that than Tiers.

If they do bring Tiers, I am hoping it is just for advanced selections only

Yes…I do not even care about re rides…I think what most people care about is limiting Tier 1 booking to only 1 ride in that Tier (like FP+ was)… Just let resorts guest book their 7am and ILL selections in advance and leave everything else as is

I think if they bring back Tiers like old FP+ was then they will be back to the old set of problems that people hated about FP+ and Genie+ will be amended yet again within less than a year because of poor guest satisfaction numbers

6 Likes

Hmm. So…the same show, but reimagined, is cutting into the $60 billion allocated to the parks. Got it.

Don’t get me wrong, bring back the show…but is this the kind of “improvement” people are hoping for?

7 Likes

Well, the show was great but it was stale and needed to be reimagined. New special effects, sets, etc. seems like a good call.

But I hope the other projects we see announced in the near future are more ambitious.

4 Likes

Yeah. I have no qualms about changing it up. It should be done. But we all just keep waiting for Disney to announce something of substance, and I am increasingly skeptical and disappointed when they give us basically what we already had and call it something new. (Here’s looking at you, TBA!)

5 Likes

I feel this way too. Now that my kids are getting older/taller, we are thinking about more Universal trips and less time at Disney.

3 Likes

Because Disney is merely reassigning who gets the limited spots on Tier 1 rides instead of addressing the real problem of not enough supply. There is no way to get extra ride availability from changing the process of booking rides.

5 Likes

Agreed. They’re doing the bare minimum and acting like it’s special.

12 Likes

I doubt tiers would come back all day and it would be just for advanced selections. Tiers for just advanced selections the same as Fastpass+, and Disney already has that code and would need to update it for MK if MK goes that route. However, if you were limited to tiers all day, I would think that would be a significant change in the code, and we all know how well that works out for Disney IT!

4 Likes

Agree…But we know thats going to take 10 years (according to Disney), which is really 25 years in reality…Disney years are like dogs years, have to add the multiple

2 Likes

Gosh i hope you’re right…

All day Tiers would be a complete disaster

1 Like

Reminds me of those amazing, themed, new Tangled washrooms from 10 years ago.

7 Likes