Possible upcoming announcements

Or never

2 Likes

This is the BBC report on the Universal plans:

4 Likes

This describes so many things in my life. I’m gonna barrow it.

5 Likes

Completely agree. And I hate, hate when people can book for the duration of their trip because of what that does to availability.

8 Likes

And then all the “leading reservation” crap that follows …

5 Likes

Disney IT does last minute so well, so that’s exciting. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Let me guess … a small walkthrough house next to Journey of Water that will take 5 years to construct (and doesn’t fit with any EP theme). But wait … there’s more … the Mirabel meet and greet will be moving from MK to EP!

6 Likes

Have you seen Journey of Water yet? I love it. Just love it. To me it is everything old Epcot was, just updated. I know it took way too long, but it made me feel like I was 13 in the Imagination Pavillion.

I hope they can create something special with Encanto too - and I do hope there is an actual ride.

5 Likes

Agreed. It’s a hoot and would’ve been good in OG EPCOT.

4 Likes

I have to disagree with this. Also it wasn’t even a good nap show because they doused you with water (more or less).

3 Likes

That is what I was hoping…and it fits perfectly with World Nature. I just wish they hadn’t included Moana.

1 Like

Yes. It is a nice addition to EP. We enjoyed it. My issue is it took too long to complete and was overly hyped for what it is. There’s a reason that VQ was only needed for a few days and then it became “walk right in”.

4 parks and in 2023/2024, all we get is Tron (great!), Journey of Water, a redo of Splash (which adds zero capacity), and a likely a change in the LL rules (which reallocates the supply of ride seats without adding any capacity).

And at the pace WDW completes construction, it is unlikely there will be anything major that is new in 2025.

2 Likes

I guess I haven’t figured out what I want the pacing of additions to the parks to be.

I am somewhat sympathetic to the disruption that COVID caused to the creative and construction pipeline (that I think people underestimate) but also agree with the point @ryan1 often makes that all of the profits from the parks are being poured into streaming because of some really poor decisions on the entertainment side. Which is super frustrating.

When I think that we could potentially get the equivalent of Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, Toy Story Land and I think new Fantasy Land with this new expansion, I am very excited. But ideally that is over the next 8 years. Not the next 20.

They do need to solve their capacity issues, but I do find those additions (and the EPCOT reconstruction) to be compelling. . Not the LL rules - those are a mess. They have no idea what they are doing and how people actually experience their parks.

4 Likes

When I was there the first weekend of December, there were always lines and crowds. So it is doing something for capacity - I have no idea what those numbers are though…

2 Likes

Yep. Meanwhile, Universal is building a whole new park in the same time Disney does a copy of a ride elsewhere, a retheme, and a walkthough attraction, and the domestic parks currently have no attendance drivers being constructed at this time.

2025-2026 is going to be an interesting period for Orlando parks once Epic Universe opens!

7 Likes

I think all day Tiers will seriously de value Genie+ and thats why I dont think they will do it

4 Likes

I am really keeping my fingers crossed and just waiting for the announcement. My family will be there over spring break. They want to take itneasy and sleep in. I don’t mind stacking LL, and I know exactly how to plan a day for them.

If they move back to this tiered system, even if you can get another after your ride your first, we will have to change our day. It will definitely make me go early instead of late, which doesn’t really help Disney with crowd distribution.

6 Likes

I think that money is more important than crowd distribution to Disney.

5 Likes

100%, but they seem to be making a lot of money with the current system!

4 Likes

Tiers would allow for more people to buy Genie and be happy with it, which is why I bet it’s coming back. Unfortunately.

3 Likes