Possible Trip Enablement Offer from Frontier Airlines

I do not think I’d trust this for big commitment trips, but at a low enough price I might say Hmmm… :thinking:

Although I think the all you can eat price would have to be pretty darn low if they keep offering $26 fares out of my local ISP.

4 Likes

Guy! Like, what are you waiting for?

And how do I sign up too?

1 Like

I can’t tell if the offer is targeted per user - but I immediately submitted the form for all of the 4 in my family.

I tried backing the link off to see if it was generic or targeted - not 100% sure without seeing someone else’s email. But you can give this a shot - I mostly think it is just a simple form at this point and doesn’t matter who uses it:

https://1.shortstack.com/gg4ZQq

Of course, I JUST started working on the SW Companion Pass, so this deal is less enticing at this point in time unless they go super cheap with the price. I’m not even sure what $ amount I’d think worth it. I don’t have that much travel in mind next year - but could make some spur of the moment trips happen.

1 Like

Every time I check Frontier or Spirit by the time I’m done with all the nickel & dime fees it’s only a couple dollars less than SW. I’m not a super fan of SW or anything either.

7 Likes

Same. Kind of makes me consider getting an owners locker for DVC and traveling with zero bags.

3 Likes

….now there’s an idea. How does one do that?
(Course I do have to admit a lot of my trip anticipation is wrapped up in packing.

But I also rrrrreally like the idea of not needing to worry about luggage at all. )

3 Likes

I think it’s pretty expensive.

4 Likes

You may need to be logged into your DVC account. There’s a promotion 6 months free, unlimited retrievals, remaining 6 months @ 1/2 price

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/special/owners-locker/

3 Likes

1 Like

And I cant help but add the big comfy seats so it’s always more, lol

Am I reading this right that you can only book/confirm the day before the actual flight? So more like unlimited last minute trips just to fill flights with empty seats, to corner the digital nomad market or retirees. Even if I wasn’t a Delta snob, I’m not sure how many people can travel like that.

1 Like

Yes it does sound too last-minutey that way. I’m kind of hoping that’s just written poorly since the whole announcement is so intentionally generic.

But that would make the offer a hard no for me.

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

I suspect this depends a lot on your “home” airport. I wish Southwest was more of an option for us, but they don’t have much in the way of direct flights from MSP (at least to our destinations over the past 5 years), and when they do, it’s more expensive than other airlines - even accounting for baggage.

3 Likes

Same. Although I have become somewhat of a Sun Country fan. I’m surprised to say it. I really like flying out of Terminal 2, so that might be part of what pushes me to fly with them.

I have a big Delta credit that I just can’t make myself use. It’s always so much cheaper to fly with a different airline. And the thought of herding my family thru Terminal 1 is stress-inducing.

2 Likes

Europe has had low last-minute fares for a long time. It’s a new thing in the US. For those who are flexible, you can get great deals.

2 Likes

We love Sun Country! Although I like Delta too, it’s almost always more expensive.

Although I’m not-so-patiently waiting for Sun Country to extend their schedule (currently can only book through 5/31/22 and I’m planning a June trip).

2 Likes

Delta may be more expensive…but they consistently top ratings for things like reliability, and such…so there is something to be said for paying for greater peace of mind.

Having said that, when I price our flights from Detroit, Delta is almost always the cheapest option… probably due to the fact DTW is their primary hub.

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t4: That’s pretty much the only way I travel. I use flight benefits graciously given to me by my bestie who works for an airline. It’s even less certain because I can always be bumped. Flying standby is definitely not for everyone, and that basically is what this is with just a little more certainty! Depending on price, I would be interested and/or would recommend for my daughter and her bf.

3 Likes

Absolutely capitalize if you can, just promise the rest of us that you will be doing trip reports for all of these impromptu vacays so we can live vicariously through you, please and thank you :star_struck:

5 Likes