Possible - now active - trip report

We caught part of the water pageant on the boat from WL to MK last night! I was pretty excited once I realized what it was.

We were ships passing in the night! :joy:

I told my friend that WL is Yellowstone meets Yosemite with some Pacific NW sprinkled on top.

8 Likes

That stinks that it was down all day!! Must have been a “need to order a part” situation because they appeared to be actively fixing it at noon. RIP Bison burger!

We did a very similar crawl and it was great! We also maybe passed you at some point.

3 Likes

Got JC for 9:30. So far very productive but I’m afraid DD9 is tired.
RD SM in first 100 easily followed by Buzz.
Then Pirates as a walk on. Then Aladdin cause why not. Then JC LL and it was posted 75min but was a walk on for us. At that point we booked IASW for about an hour later.

8 Likes

Mermaid was just opening up after being closed all morning so we walked on that. Then dumbo was posted 45. Currently moving on from play area after maybe 10-15.
We have food in a bit then our BTMR and 7DMT. Then a break!!!

8 Likes

You’re making great use of your Genie+! Getting that morning JC really helps.

3 Likes

Touring plans just logged me out of the app and I can’t remember my password. So annoying. At least it’s not MDE.

3 Likes

That happened to me on Saturday but I I was able to log back on. Lucky guess as to password. :grin:

You do seem to be getting the most out of genie+ today!

3 Likes

What a morning!!!

1 Like

Got back on!

1 Like

It is so key. I agree with your noted suggestion before - it’s best to try and get early ones. It let us do a lot this morning then break midday. We will have 2 for when we go back.

4 Likes

So caveat that I don’t think today is very busy. It’s a CL 4 and that seems right.

Full schedule so far today:

RD SM walk on
Buzz walk on
Pirates (a few minutes after 9) walk on
Aladdin - walk on
JC with LL (booked IASW next in 80 min)
Splash standby 15-20 min
Waffle break
IASW LL (booked BTMR for 1 - this was a lucky find)
Mermaid (walk on due to reopening)
Dumbo (standby posted 45, actual 15-20)
Lunch at Pecos (20 min even with mobile ordering after taping here)
CBJ - this was new to us this time and DD9 LOVED it!
BTMR LL (booked HM for the evening post break)
7DMT ILL at 2 (bought this AM)

I should be able to book another LL in a few minutes - 2 hours from when I booked HM. Yup! Just refreshed about 6 min and got a 6:30 PP.

DD9 has asked for the mountains again when we go back so we’ll see how that goes. We will have HM and PP when we return. The real trick is DD9 is tired! Doubt we will last until 10. Especially since tomorrow is HS day.

It’s not as easy as FP but totally doable.

11 Likes

DD9 is wise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This may be the most ridiculous photo. How did we even manage this?

8 Likes

That is certainly one of the most epic pics I’ve ever seen from that ride. What were you guys looking at I wonder?

2 Likes

No idea! I never know when/where the photos are. We didn’t get photo pass this time around either.

2 Likes

Second half update:

We headed back around 5:30 and just barely made it to our HM LL. Of note as long as the first tap was within your grace period you can be outside it for 2nd tap. That’s how close it was.

We then did our PP. I really don’t understand how people wait an hour for it. I just don’t find it that special. Sorry…

I was able to get a LL after HM. Not sure if it was due to taping in to HM or I was at 2 hours post last LL. Refreshed about 3 min and got Pooh down from 9pm to 7:30. I tried again for a LL after PP and that didn’t work which was expected.

We tried going to philharmagic and it went down. That was the only thing that broke today?!

We grabbed quick service then decided to watch fireworks from BTRM. We timed it great and got on right at 8. It was close. Only time I’ve ever wanted a ride to slow down. It really was a blast!

Then walked during fireworks to Pooh.

I was Able to grab a LL for Speedway for right after Pooh. We stopped at tea cups as people were still coming back to the rides and it was a walk on. Then speedway took about 5-10min even with LL. Then we ended with PM around 9.

13 Likes

Tired today but slept better than last night. Today is HS. It’s a big one for us and it will be our first time there. In 2019 we did AK instead. This time we’re doing HS.

We will def take a mid day break again. It helped a lot yesterday and so I need to revamp some plans to accommodate.

7 Likes

Hi liners. It’s been hot and crowded at HS but we’ve been doing well.

Here’s the run down:
7 - ILL for Rise at 11, MMRR for 12:05
Refreshed for the 7:11ish frame for SDD. Damn genie was being wonky and gave me an ASS. It was a stressful 1 minute trying to figure out how to cancel that BS. Salvaged an 11:45 SDD. Whew.

7:20 SL to HS. Got in around 7:50 and park and lands were open.
7:55 or so walked back to the MFSR to an empty park and no idea where the ride was. It was totally empty and no good signs. We walked on and might have possibly been the first riders. DD9 freaked because she was afraid to be a pilot but we were literally the only people in our MF. So her and I piloted and crashed terribly. We did so bad and it was awesome! Done at 8:15.

We then RD 8:30 TSM and walked on ASS and done at 9.

Got some ronto and oatmeal (DD9 liked the egg and sausage and not the oatmeal). Spent time looking at the land.

Went to Muppet Vision around 9:30 and then Frozen at 10:30. Not sure what else we did in there. Both were great!

Our 11am RoTR converted to anytime. At 11 most LL was an hour or two out and I was looking to get us out of HS by 1 ish. I was able to refresh about 3 min to get an immediate ST.

Then SDD which was so much fun.
Booked ToT for 4-5 (and had to wait on this to move out far enough out).

Then MMRR with about 7 min wait with ILL. Then left for lunch and break around 12:45.

I’ll be on the lookout for MFSR for later in a minute
Refresh is our friend!

12 Likes

Nice work! Lots of rides in this morning!

4 Likes

For reference:
7DMT 10pp
MMRR 8pp
RoTR 15pp

We have not done any TS meals. For a group of 2 our rides have cost similar to a small QS meal so totally worth it to me. Yes, it sucks to pay on top of Genie and day tickets. Having said that if you plan and it’s not terribly crowded you can tour similar to FP+ times. The main difference is no repeat rides. I do think it has influenced us towards more variety than we might have.

5 Likes