Pop - Is it loud everywhere?

Hi! We are booked for Pop for an early January 2021 visit. What is the general outside noise level? The TP overview mentions music and games over loudspeakers at the pools - but if you are in a building without a pool - is it still noticeable? We’ve requested building 6 facing lake (south or west). Thanks!

We were in exactly that area, building 6 facing the lake 4th floor and it was very quiet.

1 Like

Glad to hear that! Hopefully we will get that area. Thank you!

Pool facing rooms which are preferred are noisy. First floor rooms typically are too because of increased foot traffic.

I have stayed at Pop several times and the only room I found with moderate noise was a pool facing room. I typically request back side of those building and have never had a noisy room there.

1 Like

We’re staying at Pop right now in building 10 on the first floor (no pool), and it’s very quiet. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone.

1 Like

This was several years ago but we stayed in the 50s bldg near the bowling pin pool and had no trouble with noise. It was also during a busy time, Thanksgiving week. No noise trouble at all. I think it was 2015.

1 Like

I have stayed in the 80’s (pool facing) and the 50’s (parking lot facing during construction) and didn’t have issues with either for noise!

1 Like

I’ve stayed on the first floor in the Preferred Pool View (60’s buildings) rooms, and noise was not an issue. We were right by the pool. I think what is being overlooked is the time of day. Are you planning on sleeping in or going to bed early? The only time you’re going to hear noise is mostly during the daylight hours when you’ll probably be out at the parks, resort hopping, at Disney Springs, etc. The pools close every night. My family and I were so exhausted at the end of each day, it wouldn’t have mattered if a jet engine was going off right next to our rooms.

1 Like

Right. This is important. When we were there in August, if we were in our rooms around mid-afternoon, you could hear, quite loudly, the trivia and other games they were doing at the pool since they were using the loud speaker. This was for a room that was directly next to the Hippy Dippy pool. But other times, it wasn’t noisy.

1 Like

I stayed in a ground floor room in the 80’s section that faced the 90s parking -

I think because that spot was the straightest line to the buses for the 70s - 90s buildings, people seemed to stop an congregate REALLY early on the path and talk loudly each morning when heading to the airport. So, I’d suggest that’s one spot to avoid!

1 Like

I have stayed twice at Pop and both times we were located around the main pool. I wouldn’t stay on the 1st floor it does get pretty busy but the 2nd floor was quite for us. The dinning area is alittle crazy at times.

1 Like

We stayed there in February, and the main noise was from South American tour groups early in the morning in the ‘foosball’ courtyard in front of building 10. Not sure if that will be a thing this year due to travel restrictions, so you’re probably ok. The courtyards have so echo to them in that area, but pool facing and parking lot facing sides seem relatively quiet.

1 Like

Stayed twice. 50s was quiet. We had a standard room very close to parking lot. 70s preferred very, very close to dining hall was a bit noisier. We were on second floor both times. I think the noise with 70s was mostly in the mornings and late afternoon. But it didnt bother me. It wasnt loud at all, IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the replies - very helpful info! In reading some other posts on discussions of park openings I am concerned now about getting from POP to Hollywood Studios before park opening. (We are flying and using Magical Express so not planning to rent a car - just using Disney transportation.) Part of the reason we chose Pop was the Skyliner to HS… Anyone been recently that can say when Skyliner starts running each day?

If you want to search for quiet rooms, you can filter rooms by sound level here.

To guarantee a Boarding Group for RotR, we took the bus to DHS early in the morning, along with many other people staying at Pop. The skyliner starts running around the time the parks open, but the buses run before that.

Are they running buses now, along with Skyliner?

When we were there in August, they would ONLY run buses from Pop to DHS and Epcot if the Skyliner wasn’t running (meaning, not operational due to weather, etc). So taking a bus to DHS from Pop was not really an option.

It took us 56 minutes to get from Pop (including time in lines…at the Pop station as well as CBR station) to DHS. So if you want to ensure you get there in time, you’ll need to get into the Skyliner line VERY early so that you’re at the head of the pack. The earlier you are there, then the travel time shortens significantly. However, one other problem with Skyliner we saw that was that on at least TWO of the days we were there, the Skyliner wasn’t running at all in the morning. We had a message left on our phone indicating so. In such a case, you have to head to the buses instead!

Personally, I found the Skyliner to be a very unreliable method of getting anywhere. About 50% of the time we wanted to use it, it was down (usually weather-related). When it works, it is great.

1 Like

My experience was from last February, so parks and hotels were packed, RotR was brand new, etc. They definitely ran buses to DHS right up until the skyliner opened, and the queue for that bus at Pop was the most full, even dwarfing the MK queue. The last bus to DHS would leave right before the skyliner opened, so that’s consistent.

1 Like

When I was there 5 weeks ago, the Skyliner cast member advised me not to take the Skyliner if I wanted to guarantee getting to HS in time. From Pop you have to connect, so you wait in line twice. Everyone is trying to get to HS early for the boarding pass lottery. He told me to take the bus instead—only they weren’t also running buses. We ended up deciding to Uber to HS just to be sure. That worked great, although we still didn’t win the boarding pass lottery, so it was all just an experience to share here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I am sorry to hear that! Thank you for your info though! It sounds like we should not plan on Skyliner for DHS then. Do you recall about how much the Uber was? We will actually be a group of 10 - three families traveling together so we might have to get two Ubers. We plan to do two days at DHS since we have some big Star Wars fans in our group!