Pool Slides

Which resort in your opinion has the best pool slide?

I think @Julianne_fki and @galuchies_463555 csn speak to this :nerd_face:

3 Likes

It’s @Olafsdad that is the pool slide aficionado!

I have tried Jambo, Kidani, OKW, one of the SSR slides (main pool by lobby), and CSR. Of those OKW is best in my opinion followed by CSR. I haven’t tried SB at BC or the slide at BW or Poly. Poly this summer!

5 Likes

I haven’t been on all of them by any stretch, but Stormalong Bay is hard to beat. It’s fairly long and goes under a waterfall and has a couple of dips that make it a little more thrilling than average.

3 Likes

I would say BC (but having to leave the pool to access takes away), Paddock, Boardwalk.

4 Likes

I agree. Having to walk across that public walkway to get to the slide really is annoying to me.

4 Likes

had no idea… blech

1 Like

opps… got those two mixed up apparently :grimacing: Thanks for tagging the right one :wink:

3 Likes

It’s also annoying as a parent if you don’t want to go on the slide but you also don’t want to send your child out of the gated area alone.

5 Likes

oh dear… too true and bad design for a ‘family centric’ company

1 Like

It is odd. The pool area is fabulous. But even my kids thought the slide setup was annoying.

2 Likes

We’ve only stayed at Boardwalk, Yacht Club, and Copper Creek. Boardwalk is our favorite slide because it’s decently long and pretty fast. Stormalong Bay we agree with the issue others have already mentioned. Copper Creek is a beautiful pool area but it felt small and the slide is very short.

1 Like

Coronado Springs is our fave, awesome pool and cool slide.

6 Likes

The pool at Coronado is just awesome for theming and the slide is great. I get more speed on the OKW slide though.

3 Likes

Coronado Springs has an awesome slide and the pool is huge.

2 Likes

CS and FQ pool slides are kid’s favorites but we’ve not been to a lot of different resorts

2 Likes

Coronado Springs is so fun for kids bc they can just go on that slide as long as they want. There is a light at top that turns green. It’s a fun zippy slide (for mom too).

Yacht club slide was fun for right when the pool opened, and if your kids are older and you don’t mind sending them on their own. The pool area of Yacht is obviously far superior, but the ability to just go on the slide on repeat isn’t there. The line can get quite long over there, as well.

The Poly slide was a disappointment. It was pretty short. I thought the CSR slide was better than the Poly. I thought the whole Poly pool area was a little bit of a letdown, honestly.

Those are the pools we’ve tried. Except for Aulani which has a very fun setup with very fun slides.

2 Likes

I thought the Poly pool area was fantastic for little kids. My DS9 loved the slide - just thrilling enough for him and he went down it dozens of times. The younger ones were too scared to try it, but they loved the splash area. I can imagine it wouldn’t be as exciting for teens.

3 Likes

That’s fair- we didn’t have any little kids. I barely even looked at the splash pad area.

I do think this is a huge issue at Coronado. The smaller kid areas are just sad there, in my opinion. The sweet spot is probably 6+, as long as they are independent sliders.

3 Likes

Anyone like to comment on Hard Rock at UOR?

1 Like