Polynesian DVC Expansion

fixed. you’re not wrong.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

P.S. I definitely get Reflections vibes from this concept art. I’m disappointed that Disney is shying away from true theming. Poly is beautiful the way it is. They could do a modern-ish spin on that, but this is too generic.

2 Likes

A fifth gate is possible, but they still have opportunity to expand capacity in the parks they already have as well. I mean…why not both! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scott Gustin posted a map of where the new units will be and it is in this area, where Spirit of Aloha used to be. That show is officially retired.

1 Like

I wonder if it will disrupt (close temp) the walking path between the Poly and GF?

They have to thinking of a fifth gate. Universal will take a lot of their business when Epic Universe open. Nintendo world, I mean really. Time for Disney to start catching up with UOR.

3 Likes

I hope they will, i love doing that loop.

1 Like

It definitely looks similar to reflections. Hopefully a big building like that isn’t too much of an eyesore. The Poly is one of the best themed resorts on property. The good thing is I’m sure there will be another rooftop restaurant similar to the California Grill or Topolinos, :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I think @ryan1’s thoughts about not also expanding park capacity is more of an issue than a new resort looking out of place. Maybe Disney will start a shuttle service to USO; it would be cheaper than improving their park experience and they could use the retired ME fleet :laughing:

2 Likes

The concept art is not my favorite. I’m not getting “modern” poly vibes from it at all.
The monorail line is right close to that location.
I don’t think the impact to the parks will be that big of a deal. They’re probably thinking that for the most part this will pull more people from off-site hotels. Not draw more people down that wouldn’t have come.

4 Likes

I missed this but said the same thing on the other thread. I was thinking, “did some higher ups favorute child design reflections so they decided to give it another go at the Poly?”

2 Likes

Sometimes I think the concept art is purposely done with ambiguity intended, because it leaves them room to solidify the design aesthetics as they get further into the process. Which means, I think the final result will likely be more detailed and nicer than the concept art suggests. (Although, by the same token, sometimes they leave it ambiguous so that they can actually drop design elements if they prove too expensive, etc.)

The concept art does appear to show a pool, though.

1 Like

The question now is will it be the same condo association like the VGF expansion or a different one like Copper Creek? I desperately hope it is the same.

Looking at thay location, one would be as close to the amenities of VGF as they are the Poly. Good for restaurants. I would definitely be tempted to pool hop!

1 Like

Poly pools are already crazy crowded. There’s no way they could add that many rooms without an additional pool.

2 Likes

My narrative is more fun :grin:

1 Like

The concept art shows a new pool. To the left of the tower in the picture.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the-villas-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/news/15mar2022-disney-vacation-club-announces-plans-for-a-new-tower-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort.htm

And also the statement includes this line:

“ Proposed plans would offer additional rooms, new recreation offerings and dining options.”

There definitely appears to be a signature dining location with fireworks viewing!

1 Like

There is no room to add any parking there based on that map. Unless they do underground parking like AKL Kidnani, but given the lake and retention pond there I think that would be difficult.

I wondered what you were thinking of this. What does that mean for boulder ridge??

1 Like

My initial thought was :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:boulderridge​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:refurb​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:2020​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Then I thought, they are going to ruin my other favorite resort with that generic ugly eyesore.