Polynesian DVC Expansion

I cannot get the DVC News site to open on any device but this is being quoted on other sites:

https://twitter.com/dvcnews/status/1503757936019099650?s=21

3 Likes

From DVC Fan: NEW DVC Tower Coming to the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort - DVC Fan

I’m trying to envision where a whole new tower would be?

Got DVC News to work

1 Like

Where the dinner show was- path leading to GF

Gotcha. My knowledge of Poly largely starts and ends as the monorail stop when staying as SOG :laughing:

2 Likes

Will there be non-bungalow 2-BR units? Would be nice to have that option without the 100 pt/night cost that makes it completely outrageous.

2 Likes

2024? That’s like lightspeed for Disney anymore. They’ve been working on frickin Tron for 4 years but they can build a whole new resort building in under 2? Yikes.

Still, if it offers more than studios my family will be stoked. The limited accommodations offerings is restrictive for us now.

5 Likes

I agree that something needs to be done about that, but that artists rendering is NOT it. It’s like a 6-7 story hotel that maybe sort of looks like it could be in Downtown Honolulu.

As I said in the other thread, the amount of land here doesn’t seem like it could accommodate the needed infrastructure that goes along with it - another pool, at least one more restaurant/bar, the picnic/BBQ facilities that go hand in hand with DVC. Another bus stop, probably a monorail station.

3 Likes

I am also wondering about the path access and if they are going to block it will the new building have a fitness center?

The Poly construction (this is the 3rd major project on the last 10 years?) is ridiculous .

4 Likes

Well, though - they were planning an entirely new resort (Reflections: A Rehab Home) and that was completely scrapped. So I think this is a way to split the difference - gain more rooms, satisfy the masses’ itch for something new, and not spend nearly what thye would have for the whole new resort.

1 Like

And it will also impact the wedding pavilion. I believe they used to offer an outdoor reception venue in that area.

3 Likes

oh… the weddings… there are ppl there for weddings all the time.

Yes, new locations don’t seem to be as popular as older resorts but they should give Poly a rest.

Look! Over there! Yachtclub!

3 Likes

LMAO, now that you bring that up, it kinda looks like they just took that design and tried to make it more Polynesianish. :rofl:

4 Likes

Also, if they can build a whole DVC expansion in less time than it takes them to build Tron (not a new design) something is seriously wrong……

2 Likes

So I am wondering if this will be part of the Poly or a completely new offering. It really does not look the same. If it is part then that might make Poly resale points a little bit more enticing.

Has Poly completely sold out yet? Why did I think it hadn’t yet done so? This could move that along, maybe

The official press release says it’s part of the Poly.

1 Like

As far as I know, yes it has. You can still buy points direct because of the points Disney has acquired thru ROFR. Last I checked it was $250/point.

1 Like

What I find frustrating is that Disney is coming up with capital expenditures that allow them to house more people (and hence, more profit), but hasn’t yet been announcing anything new that will allow them to absorb the larger crowds (meaning…additional rides and attractions).

I hope we see some announcements about additional capacity-increasing changes. Refurbishing old rides (SplM, SE, etc) doesn’t increase capacity. GOTG doesn’t count either, since it simply replaced UoE. Tron is new, but it was planned/announced years ago. What can we expect NEXT? We are still down capacity is in AK due to PW being destroyed.

But, sure. Build more rooms so more people can crowd the parks without adding anything to legit absorb those crowds.

4 Likes