Poly Tower Opening

Yes. I thought I was asking this. But realized I didn’t word it properly. I’m glad you posted the wording, lol.

1 Like

Oh how it’s tempting to go back and forth on FB :joy::joy: I have to turn notifications off at some point because people really get ulgy.

2 Likes

This is why I avoid public commenting on FB. I use it to post about my family so my friends and relatives can see how cute my kids are. :rofl:

7 Likes

You’ll also have to break out Penthouse 2bdrm :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So true.the other day a pipe broke in the GCH that caused Ohana to close at breakfast.

Disney offered affected guests a choice to enjoy breakfast at 1900 or Chef Mickey instead

People were pissed saying these were not equivalent choices and they were upselling the guests and taking advantage.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Meanwhile if they offered nothing - which they would have been within their rights to have done - they would have sucked too.

4 Likes

I’m tempted to say how stuck up that sounds. Except your kids are exceptionally adorable

4 Likes

Will that be filed under Poly After Dark ?

4 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about the lobby just yet. It seems Contemporary-ish to me. I’m going to have to see it in person. I’m sure it’ll be beautiful, but maybe lacking some distinct theming? the jury is still out in my brain.

2 Likes

Someone described it as feeling upscale Waikiki vs traditional Hawaii

I think it’s gorgeous. But it’s definitely different from GCH

2 Likes

huh. interesting. i could probably get on board with that. i’ll have to go to Waikiki of course to make an accurate comparison. haha

4 Likes

When do we leave?

2 Likes

I read this as “Grand Californian Hotel” (west coaster here :raised_hand:) instead of “Grand Ceremonial House” and I was like, "did that pipe go through wormhole? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I’m always ready for a road trip! And probably we can call it a “work trip” because I have a client in Lahaina that we could visit with.

4 Likes

Yeah it probably is stuck up. But I’ve got to keep up with the Joneses and this is the only card I hold. :rofl:

3 Likes

When I first saw the Gran Destino Tower drawings, my reaction was “THAT’S VEGAS BABY” and wasn’t a fan. Love it in person, though.

5 Likes

It reminds me so much of the newly renovated lobby in my hotel in Waikiki that was both “modern” but a nod to Hawaiian art and culture. As beautiful as Aulani is, I found it to be dark in comparison. I love that it has the feel of the big open lobbies you get in Waikiki, without actually being open to nature because - Florida heat.

I notice this picture looks 5,000 times better on a big screen then on a phone. It looks claustrophobic on a phone because of the sightlines and much grander on a big screen.

5 Likes

Yet, I bet if the affected guest would have counted with something they thought was equivalent,within reason, and Disney could squeeze them in to fulfill that request, I bet they would have cretainly tried to do that to satisfy their guest.

I don’t like it. Too white. Lacks color. Feel too contemporary and modern. It’s pretty (not my style) but doesn’t feel like Polynesia either.

:joy::joy::joy: I challenge anyone to say them babies aren’t the most adorable!!

2 Likes

I showed my husband the photos from the article today and he liked the looks. He said that we’ll have to keep on eye on that when sales start :tada::partying_face::tada:

6 Likes

4 Likes

My DH looked at it, looked up at me and said, “No.” Kind of like I say to the dog when she wants to get the empty toilet paper roll out of the trash can :joy:

9 Likes