Poly Tower Opening

11 Likes

Thank for sharing! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Poly 1.PNG

6 Likes

@JJT they are adding “duo studios”!

5 Likes

I really need to take the time to break apart the “Duo Studios” from the Deluxe Studios" in my calculations. Been meaning to for a long time, but keep finding other things I need to fix!

6 Likes

Their name “Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas” implies it will be the same condo association. I have spent the morning doing the math on selling my two contracts and buying here. Then I took a deep breath and realized that I can still book here with my points. But this will be the last of the new resorts that don’t have the resale restrictions…

5 Likes

That was my read on the article as well, but apparently there was already confirmation that it would be the same association back in December.

4 Likes

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

When will they start selling the contracts?
When will they release points charts?
Is this going to be part of the same dvc property (which is long suspected but never yet stated) or a stand alone?
Why a 2br penthouse villa vs a grand villa?

But Oh My Goodness it looks stunning! I am very excited about this!

5 Likes

Interesting that there are 2 bedroom villas and then 2 bedroom penthouse villas so no 3 bedroom grand villa.

4 Likes

It does look stunning doesn’t it! I love it!

3 Likes

I thought this kind of confirmed that and was going to post about it, but then it looked like it had been stated?

5 Likes

I gasped when I saw the picture!

3 Likes

Is it normal to have a DVC property first available for cash bookings vs points bookingngs? Or did I misunderstand that.

I never heard of duo studios. Did a bit of digging. Sounds like a way to give you way less room for a slightly fewer points?

3 Likes

They’re good for couples who don’t want to pay for the unneeded extra space.

1 Like

Do they have duo studios at Disneyland? I swear I’ve heard that term somewhere.

3 Likes

FIFY

3 Likes

Looks like it. I found an article that showed a comparison of Duo Studios to Deluxe Studios at Disneyland Hotel. I wouldn’t mind it if I were alone, but very tiny for the prices you are still paying!!!

2 Likes

Yes they have Duo Studios at DLH, which are similar to Tower Studios at Riviera.

2 Likes

So exciting but I need more details!

When bookings open on the DVC side, is there any advantage to Poly owners if it’s within 7 months or is it a free for all? I didn’t pay attention to what happened with the Cabins. Staying at BLT in Dec but very interested in buying here and would move my reservations in a heartbeat :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, totally normal.

Only a fraction of the rooms will be declared into DVC for sales initially. Maybe 10%. That is the DVC inventory. Disney can take cash bookings for the trust which they will still own. As sales increase more units will be declared into DVC.

3 Likes