Poly Tower Opening

I thought this was going to be a DVC only tower. I know the original Poly is cash rooms but for some reason I thought this was just DVC. I mean I guess you do have to open it up to cash to fill it at first.

1 Like

If this is just DVC Poly, then it seems those who buy into Poly for this new tower may never actually get an opportunity to book, because they would be fighting up against everyone else who already owns at Poly, no?

3 Likes

I said no to Poly when I waited for CCV. I am about to add on a small contract. I think I will wait to compare this vs. AKL. I will not purchase with resale restrictions.

4 Likes

All DVC properties are open to some cash bookings. Disney owns some and what doesn’t get rented as well. Disney owns it all until people start buying so they can rent them for cash. I don’t feel like it’s been advertised like this first in the past though!

6 Likes

It is DVC.

But the DVC inventory is only released in stages, so that Disney get money from cash bookings too.

Just like Riviera. I don’t think all the inventory there has been declared yet.

3 Likes

They would have the same opportunity at 11 months as current owners, yes.

3 Likes

It always is!

1 Like

Like Riviera was available for cash bookings before point charts had even been released?

3 Likes

This is different from Riviera though, right? If this is part of the same association- shouldn’t all current Poly owners have some rights to book?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Do we know the layout of the rooms? My wife is not a fan of the Disney hotel rooms that have no sink in the bathroom, but rather a sliding door to a separate room where the sink is located. Seems a bit unsanitary to be touching door handles before you wash your hands. The Polynesian deluxe villa and lake view villa have a great bathroom setup. The grand Floridian, while we love the hotel, has bathrooms with the sliding pocket door, boooo! Hoping the new Island tower rooms at Polynesian have bathrooms with sink next to toilet.

1 Like

And this is why Poly resale contracts are going for a premium right now.

3 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

But this is what feels different, and I haven’t followed others super closely, but maybe this is just poor reporting. But doesn’t it sound like DVC members/AP holders/anyone can only make cash bookings on June 4, 5, 6 and then “points” reservations somewhere after that?

4 Likes

That language is copied and pasted from the Parks Blog (linked above)

2 Likes

That’s the way I interpret it. Only cash bookings at first and no announcement on when points bookings will start. I think that’s similar to FW cabins and DLH? I don’t remember Riviera.

3 Likes

This is the same as GFV2. Pretty sure points bookings will open once sales have started. Or maybe the same day.

Because it’ll be within 7 months they’ll probably give Poly owners a month or so head start by way of home resort priority. And that will apply to ALL Poly owners.

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying. Maybe I misunderstood something I read earlier. Saying that wasn’t going to be the case (releasing me inventory later). My social feed is blowing up with stuff on this tower. My head is spinning. :slightly_smiling_face:‍↔

THIS is what I was confused about. If I’m reading the article correctly, you can book cash now (or almost now) but DVC points cant be used until a later, unannounced date? And if they release rates before the points chart, there will be plenty of speculation on the points based off of other resorts. So much misinformation. I feel like we’re following breadcrumbs in the forest. :joy:

2 Likes

Got the first email about this from Disney!

People on the Parks Blog page are brutal. Disney fans can be the worst. Patience everyone, patience. (I also have a dude arguing with me on Facebook because I said the name made it seem like they would be the same association. I’m like dude, I’m guessing, just like you are.)

3 Likes