POLL - Who is your favorite UOR Vlogger?

After goofing up the poll for Epic Universe I made this week I wanted redemption! I’m going to try to make a thread with multiple polls.

I did a bit of research on the forums… We have often talked who we follow / watch for UOR content, but I haven’t seen an official poll about our favorites!

I’ve tried to narrow the finalists down to creators that specifically focus on Universal Orlando Resort. If they do some Disney content, that’s fine. Universal needed to be the focus though…

Examples of creators I did not put on this list that do UOR content, but are more Disney focused:

SuperEnthused / JoJo / Tim Tracker / AllEars

I narrowed my list down to 10 candidates. My criteria - Other than Universal focused was:

They must be a Vlogger - no podcasts or article writers
Must be long-form format - no TikTok / IG only creators
Are they active?
Subscriber totals

I started with creators with at least, approximately, 50K subscribers. That gave me most of the list - eight out of 10 channels… Eight felt like a weird number of choices, so I rounded it out with two creators I knew that had approximately 20K subscribers…

If you don’t see someone you follow, put them in the comments below!

EDIT - MAMMOTH MOUNTAIN SHOULD READ - “Mountain Club”

I swear Molly used to call the channel that! I could be wrong or she quietly changed it while I wasn’t noticing!!

I put your options in alphabetical order and the poll is only open for 24 hours!

Who do you find the most reliable source of information for general UOR updates, news and speculation?
  • TheDis Universal Edition
  • Kevin Heimbach
  • Krystal Palace
  • Mammoth Mountain
  • Orlando Informer
  • The Pugh Two
  • RixFlix
  • Theme Park Stop
  • Universal Park News Today
  • VincentVision
0 voters
Who do you find the most fun to watch?
  • Kevin Heimbach
  • Krystal Palace
  • Mammoth Mountain
  • Orlando Informer
  • The Pugh Two
  • RixFlix
  • Theme Park Stop
  • VincentVision
0 voters
Which channel do you like the least? (not entertaining, reliable or for whatever reason you just don’t like them!)
  • Kevin Heimbach
  • Krystal Palace
  • Mammoth Mountain
  • Orlando Informer
  • The Pugh Two
  • RixFlix
  • Theme Park Stop
  • VincentVision
0 voters
1 Like

Can’t vote in the last one because I don’t know everyone on the list.

2 Likes

I don’t know everyone on the list but I find Theme Park Stop to be the only one I really need. Alicia Stella is amazing! She must have some pretty good sources, in addition to scouring the permits. She seems to be friends with all the other experts and vloggers as well, so even when they have scoops, she often is able to share the news first or at the same time. Also I just like her perspective.

2 Likes

Vote for the one on that list that you do know & not a fan of!

I didn’t expect everyone to be familiar with each vlogger! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :wink:

While my background is theme parks, I’ve been working as an office manager at an engineering firm for the last 15 years. You can pull permits pretty easily either at a low cost per document/viewing or for free! (typically dependent on if you want a psychical copy or electronic version) It’s all public knowledge available at your municipal Public Works!

I live in a small-ish suburb. When I moved in we had a population of 6K - 7K. Now, we have almost doubled in size. I like to see what is coming in my area - new food, apartments. gas stations, homes so I check the Public Works every so often. My town does it electronically and I can view everything online for free.

A lot of vloggers just don’t know they can do this! They think she must have some “source” at City Hall!

They’ve seen too many bank robber movies where someone needs to get a set of plans for the heist and has to bribe a local official!! :money_mouth_face: :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

She has revealed many things that are not from permits, which is why I think she has other sources in addition to scouring permits.

2 Likes

She does - for sure!!

I just think it’s funny that she’s the self-proclaimed “Permit Princess” and A LOT of people think it’s some kind of talent or techinque!! :rofl: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Ah I see. To be fair, looking through permits does not sound very fun to me, so I give her all the praise for doing it for me!

It’s very simple! You can either type in an address or general location and see what’s being done. On a Public Works website you can, often, do a keyword search.

While Universal/Disney/etc… don’t have to be exact about the title of the thing being built they do have to disclose who is wanting the permit, why and where.

You can type in “Universal” as a key word or “1000 Universal Studios Plaza” as a filer’s address to see if they are doing anything!

Plus, doing government work is often a tedious / thankless job. You bring those people some doughnuts when you go down there and they will make sure you find what you want! :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

Simple =/= fun! Looking through accounting literature is also simple but not fun! :rofl:

2 Likes

Fair!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Vincent Vision and Mammoth Club are my number 2’s.

Who is Mammoth Mountain and where is PCDev?!?! :crazy_face:

Oh, I think Krystal Palace is fine!

1 Like

Ditto

She definitely has “insiders” that no one else does.

1 Like

Mammoth Mountain is Molly who used to do AllEars before going off on her own.

I considered PCDev, but his content is far more WDW heavy. Plus, I’ve seen him make more than one video about “I’m done with vlogging. It’s so toxic” or “I’m done with vlogging! These companies don’t care about the guest”

This is followed by rounds of “Please! Don’t leave us PCDev! We need you!” :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I find it sooo off-putting! He’s just fishing for compliments / attention :rofl: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Club

You have it backwards my friend! He is also done with WDW for now. (Didn’t renew AP)

He’s real and I love him.

1 Like

Thanks! I edited it! I swear it was Mountain at some point. I could be crazier than usual today!! :rofl:

I am familiar with him. I will say he’s about equal WDW/UOR, but his content has a lot of WDW in it. I wanted vloggers that focus way more on UOR…

I’ll believe it in a few months when he doesn’t actually post content from WDW…

I’ve never met the man. I don’t actually know him as a person. However, IMHO, whenever I watch him he talks & acts like a cheap used car salesman trying so hard to “Do whatever it takes to put me in a car today!” (if that makes sense)

It comes across as very disingenuous - to me

2 Likes

It’s his honesty that impresses me. And for that, he’s on Disney’s bad list. And he don’t care.

2 Likes

You know how much I value an honest vlogger!! They’re so hard to find!!

1 Like

I didn’t answer these because I am not sure how to.

I have watched Kevin, but I have grown tires of his overly disgusted with everything schtick.

I watch Mammoth Club occasionally, but rarely about Universal.

I do watch RixFlix to see what is going on in the parks from time to time, but not a lot.

I watch The Pugh Two because I find their personalities fun.

I watch Theme Park Stop for Epic Universe News.

Based on your replies… I’m guessing you’d pick:

Most reliable - RixFlix (You indicate you watch it with frequency)

Most Entertaining - Pugh Two (You find them fun)

Least Liked - Kevin (grown tired)

Helpful??