Poll: To Fry or Not To Fry, that is the question

A lot of places have chicken on the menu. Again, I don’t understand the question. (It must be one of those days lol!)

Why does this poll exclude dinner menus? And are we voting on which chicken dishes are best, otherwise the restaurant feedback might be nothing to do with chicken and everything to do with the steak or lobster. But if it’s the actual dish, where is the data coming from?

In fact, thinking about it, I didn’t even know there was somewhere to give feedback on restaurants. Is it based on feedback or number of requests on the reservation Finder?

I don’t think I’m really cut out for these polls. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It doesn’t exclude dinner menus, it’s saying it’s got to be dinner menus. I think the data is just on the restaurant overall, not on the chicken dishes themselves. And the UG has ratings for all restaurants taken from the after trip surveys.

1 Like

Data analysis like this can be tricky, confusing, or even misleading. Unless a survey explicitly asks certain questions, it is really about looking for correlations.

So, in this case, the question really is just asking…in general, do people prefer restaurants that have Fried Chicken on the Menu versus those that don’t? It doesn’t mean they prefer it BECAUSE of the fried chicken…only that, if you categorize all the restaurants by whether they do or do not, and then rank them collectively, which group does better? There is no guarantee anyone actually ate the fried chicken…just that they ate a restaurant that does or does not have fried chicken.

2 Likes

All other places.

1 Like

But it says dinner menus don’t count?

No, it says TS restaurants (dinner menus…) then a separate point that chicken tenders don’t count.

In which case it might be better to list all the places that do serve chicken, otherwise it’s a stab in the dark. I could say I love The Wave, Yachtsman Steak House and HDDR. I have no idea whether the first two serve chicken.

Ah. Yeah. I see why Nicky was confused! I think that comma should have been a period for clarity!

2 Likes

Definitely confusing.

1 Like

Hmmmm, that’s ambiguous. It’s a list that then says doesn’t count. I read it as: dinner menus and chicken strips don’t count. :woman_shrugging:

OK.

So dinner menus only. And am I voting for my favourites or am I voting for which ones I think have the best feedback? Because several places that people rave about I haven’t been to because I don’t like the menu. :thinking:

But here are my favourite places for dinner:

HDDR
The Wave
Yachtsman Steakhouse

This. Because…

It doesn’t really matter what your personal opinion of restaurants are, but what you think the collective thoughts from the data is!

1 Like

You’re voting whether the TS restaurants that have fried chicken on the menu at dinner have higher ratings than TS restaurants that don’t. I don’t think The Wave does? Yachtsman doesn’t.

You need a third choice.
One that says “I can’t imagine going on vacation and ordering chicken.”

4 Likes

Yup, I am ordering something I can’t easily make at home! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nothing in this suggests anyone actually ordered chicken.

1 Like

Best Fried Chicken at Disney Springs is at Art Smith’s Homecomin’

1 Like

Changed the wording of the original post. Sorry for the confusion! This is obviously not a scientific poll or investigation. Just trying to have some fun on a Friday :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you don’t go to Homecomin’ for fried chicken you are missing out.

Do Boatwright’s and fun belong in the same thread?

2 Likes