Poll: To Fry or Not To Fry, that is the question

Disney recently made the controversial decision to replace the fried chicken at Trail’s End with rotisserie chicken when it finally reopens.

So, what do you think the data says? Do TS restaurants that serve fried chicken (dinner menus only considered. chicken strips don’t count) have higher satisfaction? Or do TS spots without fried chicken on their menu perform better?

• TS restaurants with Fried Chicken
  • TS restaurants without Fried Chicken

0 voters

I am thinking HDDR, Trails End, 50s, and Homecomin. What am I missing?

1 Like

I think it is really mostly dependent on the kind of restaurant it is. Trails Wnd is one of those that MUST have friend chicken to fit with its theming. It’s a real misstep that they are removing this (and I love rotisserie chicken)

2 Likes

Olivia’s

1 Like

Does the GFC sandwich count?

Agree.

At Trails End, HDDR and 50s I expect to see fried chicken on the menu. Last time we were at 50s 2 of the 5 adults ordered the fried chicken because gramma. I got the crabcake appetizer and a float since no one wanted to split an order of fried chicken.

One would think Disney has tested this. Perhaps they could have tested not putting a whole half a chicken on one order.

1 Like

There was discussion about this one. But in the end, yes, it counted. Since it’s a piece of breast meat, fried in the same buttermilk batter that they fry their brunch chicken/waffles in.

1 Like

An interesting one that most people forget - Boatwright’s also offers fried chicken. Two others also do that haven’t been mentioned yet. One in Disney Springs, and one in Magic Kingdom.

1 Like

Oh is the chicken at Skippers fried?

1 Like

We are staying at Fort Wilderness for 10 days in September. Since Hoop Dee Doo will not likely be open, we were excited to see Trail’s End opening. I love the fried chicken and strawberry shortcake at Hoop Dee Doo. If I can get them at Trails End, we will probably go there a couple of times during our trip. If not, we will just grill burgers at our cabin. I have no problem with rotisserie chicken, but I can get it at Boston Market or the grocery store.

I’m all for rotisserie - of the TS places that have it, only Skipper Canteen makes it easy to get it gluten-free. The rest make it an international incident.

As far as it “belonging” at Trail’s End…I’d think rotisserie style would be more fitting with a camping/wagon train theme that I get from that area. I don’t think most people drag a deep fat fryer on camping trips or had them on wagon trains.

2 Likes

There is fried chicken still available at P&Js, so that’s potentially an option for you.

Yes, but that’s not the one I’m talking about. There was discussion about that one too - but it’s not really just pure fried chicken. It’s a very different take, so it falls in the “not fried” bucket.

1 Like

If they still have fried there, that is what we will do. They do have the strawberry shortcake as well! Of all the many trips we have made to Disney, we had never been to Trails End and thought it would be fun to try–but it looks like grilling or take-out will work for us. We have always stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, so cabins will be a new experience. DD’s are grown with husbands–so we need the extra space.

Do sandwiches count? The Plaza Restaurant has a fried chicken sandwich.

1 Like

Does “The Chicken Guy” count?

1 Like

I thought that but I think Chicken Guy is QS.

Oh. Right. Duh! :slight_smile:

I think lots of people throw their diet rules out the window on vacation, so Fried. I love rot. chicken but I can get that at my grocery store.

Also, people deep fried before they had deep fryers. Just need a pan with oil. Rot. takes a long time and attention without something to do the rotating.

1 Like

Wait, are we comparing places with fried chicken to places with rotisserie chicken, or just to places without fried chicken?

1 Like