Poll Time! Which new country pavilion at Epcot?

Yikes. That’s terrible!

5 Likes

I won’t rest until every world landmark represented on Soarin’ is built to scale in World Showcase.

8 Likes

I picked Spain and Brazil for the food and Switzerland because it’s where my grandma was from :grin:

9 Likes

So you think you’re going to get an extra discount in the gift shop?

6 Likes

I’m all for IP :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

(Me too) :speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

Duh!!

6 Likes

Me three!!

5 Likes

I always wondered why there was no South America representation, but figured Mexico works to represent Latin American culture (to some extent).

Having said that, I think either Argentina, Brazil or Colombia would make for an interesting pavilion at Epcot.

9 Likes

Ooooo, a Malbec store.

7 Likes

I was thinking… oooh tango :rofl: :dancer:

5 Likes

The elephant in the room for some countries is that their political situation is problematic. Russia is a prime example at the moment (can you imagine if there was Russia pavilion right now?), though China’s human rights abuses also come to mind. I think I am able to visit the China pavilion and separate those elements from the culture of the country itself, so maybe the same could be done in other cases.

8 Likes

I kind of liked it. But it might have just been that at the time there wasn’t much international IP to go on.

I loved that I could learn all about the different countries and hear them speak in real time as I asked about their homeland. When you stick Frozen in it, I’m feel boxed into that very specific movie and the area/life it portrays. What would portray the US? NYC? Surfing? Hollywood? To my way of thinking, more could be represented without being pigeonholed into a single movie.

ETS then the giftshops are mostly IP too, instead of celebrating more of the country’s culture.

6 Likes

Also a fan of IP.

But for me, the deciding factor in my vote included not just what is interesting (because most of them are!) but also which countries I’d have a harder time visiting on my own in the real world. I know not everyone has had the privilege or desire to travel the way I have but I’ve been to Spain four or five times and will definitely go back again. But I don’t know if I’ll ever make it to India.

Also, yes on Argentina.

7 Likes

That’s a fair critique. I do like learning about the countries. Ideally they could combine the two – have the characters tell us about the country itself (like the Three Caballeros do at Gran Fiesta Tour) rather than having the ride centered around the story of the movie (like Frozen Ever After – though I really like that ride).

5 Likes

Yes!

As always, you are a perfect translator to my jumbled thoughts.

4 Likes

Greece

15 Likes

Fun fact. Peru is the Portuguese word for turkey and also a slang word for penis :laughing:

I think a Peru or Chile pavilion would be a great way to showcase the beauty of the Andes.

11 Likes

And I could absolutely be ok with this.

Maelstrom was history, and it made it so much fun. Frozen while fun for a lot of people, is not interesting or fun for folks not caught up in that craze. (Frozen’s only been played maybe 3 times ever in my house)

4 Likes

I had picked Greece too. But Jeff’s a giant meanie pants and set a limit on how many we could choose.

6 Likes