Poll Time! Which new country pavilion at Epcot?

I probably should have figured that out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

To be fair, Iā€™m the weird person who has never had that much interest in Brazil - I was going through FB memories one day recently and my comments on the Rio opening ceremonies were along the lines of ā€œWell, this is doing NOTHING to make me want to visitā€¦ā€

I know many say because of all the tour groups it would be a natural, but I wonder how many of them would spend that much time there when theyā€™re on vacation anyway.

3 Likes

I picked Egypt, India, and Brazilā€¦although I see pros and cons to many of these. I would have picked Israel over Egyptā€¦but I think Israel might have some mixed emotions and end up overly controversial. Egypt feels safer.

Instead of a Pyramid (we already have one in Mexico), I think Egypt could instead have a Sphinx.

5 Likes

Same until @Flavitaā€™s recent trip report. Itā€™s interesting tho far too large for me to consider an actual visit. Something South America works for me. Ecuador, Argentina, etc.

I picked Costa Rico for western hemisphere representation. Especially if weā€™re not going south of the equator.

Iā€™d love a 360 degree movie of New Zealand.

Something South Pacific might be fun.

8 Likes

Iā€™d be cool with Peru. THAT is the South American country that has always fascinated me. (Thank you Paddington Bear!)

5 Likes

Yes to Peru. If they get their politics figured out. :smirk:

3 Likes

DARKEST Peru most especially

5 Likes

Absolutely!!

3 Likes

Btw - the country Jim and Josh were talking about was Spain. I think thereā€™s a strong argument purely from a people-pleasing perspective that Spain would be a good addition for food, architecture, and other cultural design elements.

8 Likes

But Colombia makes more sense so they can have an Encanto tie-in.

10 Likes

I donā€™t like the 3 limit.

That is all.

10 Likes

Agree on South America representation - still sad that the AK expansion is Moana instead of South America. So many animals! (And they could always tie in Encanto if theyā€™re bent on IP in the park)

Would love love love India in world showcase. Food, decor, dancing. All of it. A tiny taj majal.

8 Likes

I had 6 but it wouldnā€™t let me vote - like doesnā€™t trust us or something

5 Likes

And give folks something to grouse about. :smile:

4 Likes

I had 5. You like more people/countries than I do.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s already a bendy one in Soarinā€™. How many do you want?

8 Likes

I voted for Spain, and it would be my number one. I absolutely loved everything about it- the food, the people, the architecture, well maybe not the awful car garage that I had to back in to and made me cryā€¦but everything else there was amazing. Everyone should visit Spain during their lifetime, and if for some reason they cannot make it happen, they should at least be able to visit Spain in Epcot!

4 Likes

Iā€™m still upset over Maelstrom going IP.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought it was so odd that Epcot was intentionally designed without IP anyway.

3 Likes