Poll Time! Which new country pavilion at Epcot?

Low-key poll for today:

If a new pavilion were added to World Showcase, which country would you most want to see represented?

(Select up to 3)

• Spain
  • Egypt
  • India
  • Brazil
  • Israel
  • Costa Rica
  • Denmark
  • Iran
  • Philippines
  • Puerto Rico
  • Switzerland
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Equatorial Africa
  • Another country not listed (comment below)

0 voters

Some of these have been long-rumored, others I made up. It would be great to have all of these, but which would you select if you could only have 3?

6 Likes

P.S. This was inspired by this week’s Disney Dish episode with Josh Gad. :wink:

8 Likes

Psssst. Puerto Rico is NOT a country, it’s a US territory.

15 Likes

I picked Ă©quatorial Africa, but would probably rather have a more specific country like Kenya or Tanzania

ETA: my phone autocorrected that accent which I don’t think needs to be there but it looks fancy so I’m leaving it :rofl:

7 Likes

I know that, but it was one of the “countries” listed online that were rumored to get a pavilion.

Before someone else schools me, Equatorial Africa is also not a country. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Agreed, they already have Africa in Animal Kingdom, if they were to add a pavilion, they should choose a specific African country. Not sure which one would be best but Tanzania and Kenya seem like good contenders.

4 Likes

Samesies

3 Likes

Switzerland for a chocolate shop and a Matterhorn type ride.

Spain because Spain is cool :sunglasses::woman_shrugging:t4:

Denmark for a shop that sells bacon and pastries :yum::+1:t2:

8 Likes

I also waffled on Egypt vs UAE. I’d love to have a more fully “middle eastern” Arab country (Morocco sort of is but also isn’t actually the “middle” part of Middle East, and has more african influences too) and UAE fits that bill the best, but I feel like Egypt probably has more well known iconic things with which to represent it

4 Likes

You know they’d have to do a pyramid, which would be cool, but maybe wouldn’t fit very well in the land spatially. To get scale it would dominate World Showcase, or it would have to use the Eiffel Tower effect and be actually tiny but up on a rooftop or something for forced perspective.

2 Likes

Exactly. They’d probably have to do the Birj for the UAE though so similar issue

2 Likes

I’m glad India is getting the votes, because it really deserves to be next. Population 1.4 billion :flushed: and a rich and unique culture that would lend itself well to a pavilion. And as Len pointed out last week, there’s really not much actual Indian cuisine on Disney property.

6 Likes

I would argue a South American country deserves to be next given that there is currently zero representation of the entire continent basically anywhere

7 Likes

True. Although population wise South America has less than 500 million. Brazil seems like it would be a shoo-in.

2 Likes

I feel like that was once a plan that fell through or something? Or maybe I’m misremembering. But agreed on that front

2 Likes

Other = Australia and New Zealand

Unpopular opinion, but I feel like we get enough of Brazil with the SATGs.

7 Likes

Sagittarius Aries Taurus Geminis? I’m blanking on what this could mean :rofl:

1 Like

South American Tour Groups. AKA The 15s.

2 Likes

Ohhhh

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes