Poll Time! What to do when it rains?

We just get wet but we do go in summer and we’re still warm and dry out quickly. Other times if the year I don’t know what we’d do.

1 Like

That’s only happened to us once, on EE, but then it closed right as we got off. It was like a water ride!! :see_no_evil::droplet::droplet:

3 Likes

7DMT was our worst, I’ve shared the pics before. But it was torrential before we even got in line. We thought it might shut but it didn’t.

2 Likes

I thought they had a giant dome over the parks so you didn’t have any weather issues.

3 Likes

It depends! We had the rainiest trip of our lifetime on our last visit, and what we did depended on what we were doing and how much it rained. For example, one night at Epcot it started to drizzle, so we put on ponchos. Then it started to POUR so we ran for a gift shop. Then it continued to pour and wasn’t letting up and we figured we might as well keep on keeping on so we planned to run for Figment, but we got so wet so quickly (puddles up to our shins) that we decided to instead go back to the hotel, wait it out, and then decide whether or not to come back (bear in mind it was also probably 8pm at this point).

Another time we knew heavy rain was coming so we headed to the Conservation Station, figuring we could ride out a storm in there and do the Animation Experience.

But generally I’d just throw on a raincoat and get wet.

1 Like

We did this on our last trip and got two! One from Dumbo and one from the Speedway.

2 Likes

I’ve quit planning Disney Springs days, because it seems like whenever I do there’s a flash flood. My roommate has a very clear memory of sitting with my sister and my niece and I outside of Ghirardelli with so much water coming off the roof that it was like being behind the falls in Niagara. The second hurricane trip (the one that made landfall in Tamps, but then went north so we just got the outer bands) we had a DS evening planned but it was the worst rain day and there was lightning, so we just hung out in our Fort Wilderness cabin instead… of course that was the one time in the last 12 years we didn’t stay in a DVC villa, but we made do with the partial kitchen.

2 Likes

That is an upgrade that I’d pay for.

2 Likes

The two biggest “storms” that we experienced both happened while we were in fortunate areas already. One time most of MK shut down for about 45 minutes while we were about to be seated for PhilharMagic. We just sat in the waiting area while others piled in until they cut it off. Our last trip we had just picked up treats at Kringla in Epcot and sat in the covered area to eat when a huge downpour hit. There was some freaky lightning with that one too. The kids were amused at everyone running for cover and trying to get ponchos on. I reminded them that 15 minutes later that could have been us. :wink:

2 Likes

Poncho and plastic grocery bags/rubber bands over my tennis shoes. It’s less to carry around than an extra pair of shoes, and I do not tour in sandals.

2 Likes

especially if A/C was included!

2 Likes

My comment is instead of Poncho I do raincoat. A poncho you need to remove for rides, a raincoat you do not. I do carry an in case of emergency poncho, but bring my raincoat if there is a greater than 10% chance of rain.

1 Like

Never had to remove a poncho for rides. I’ve done Dumbo, Tea Cups, People Mover, and Carousel of Progress in a poncho.

(And I don’t do it because the point of water rides is to get wet, but PLENTY of people wear ponchos on water rides - even when it’s NOT raining)

3 Likes

We were told to remove ponchos at MMRR and Nemo in July. I don’t ever remember doing that before.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never been told to. We’ll see what happens next week.

3 Likes

I can see how if the poncho is wet, they don’t want the ride seats to get wet for the next guests when it is an indoor ride.

2 Likes

Usually you’re inside long enough it should be dry by the time you get to the ride though.

Also, they’ve never worried about that on Pirates, Small World, etc. which are NOT water rides in the sense that Splash and Kali are.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the only ride I’ve heard of that happening on.

We were told the same thing Saturday at MFSR

2 Likes

I know for sure there are a number of indoor rides in Hollywood Studios that will ask you to remove a poncho.

Outdoor kiddy rides they don’t care.

1 Like