Poll Time! What to do when it rains?

I’ve never seen rain in Florida without lightning.

2 Likes

I have. In Feb 2021 it POURED during the morning of my MK day, but not one bit of lightning.

3 Likes

I’ve visited WDW sufficiently often that I don’t poncho up and power through: I don’t care if I miss ride time.

I escape to somewhere dry and wait it out. I don’t go back to the resort because that’s a long process and involves getting wet.

A couple of times I’ve given up and gone to the cinema.

Rain has wrecked one MNSSHP and one MVMCP for me. I hate it.

2 Likes

Please do a hypothetical vote!

But you’re out of the family. :rofl:

6 Likes

It was a little bit of a joke. :joy: I wanted to see who the truly brave ones are.

Oh, I was deadly serious about that one. Deadly.

4 Likes

Worse. Who can hear you scream in a poncho then?

4 Likes

I would definitely enjoy swimming in a pool in the rain, but it’s just never been feasible because it always shuts.

3 Likes

We had one rather rainy trip, but it cleared the crowds, and we got a great picture. It was umbrella AND poncho kind of rain.

11 Likes

I might be on his shit list this week :wink::face_with_peeking_eye::zipper_mouth_face::shushing_face:

Depends on time of year. A winter rain doesn’t always come with lightning but summer almost always will.

8 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m a forgiving fellow. :blush::blush::blush:

9 Likes

You just have to worry when he posts this one, right @Jeff_AZ ?

7 Likes

5 Likes

I think you do have to work extra hard to get there too, don’t you?

Or you know, just disparage Greg Lukas.

4 Likes

It rained 3 of our 4 evenings during our May trip. It is not ideal, but you can still make magic/memories One evening was an unrelenting deluge for over an hour. DW and DS4 went back to our resort, but DD7 wanted to stay so I remained at MK with her. She said to me “ok, what rides are open now”. I carried her through a puddle up to my shins to get to the People Mover. Around 10 pm, it turned into a drizzle. We rode Dumbo in the drizzling rain during the fireworks. DD7 recorded a video message for DW while riding in which she said with excitement in her voice… “Mom, we are riding Dumbo up in the sky while it’s raining and we can see the fireworks. This is the best night ever.”

5 Likes

We’ve been poncho and go folks for the most part with an occasional duck into a store - memorably one Epcot evening 15 minutes before Illuminations. Most left. Including, after 10 minutes, the rain. Only time we ever watched Illuminations while seated. On the ground.

Epic 9 day trip, first third of June, 2004. At Fort Wilderness. Sleep in. Stay late. Lots of excitement. Epic. Rain. Torrential rain. Buckets of rain. Not only rides closing but parks closing early. Days of this. Parks closed so much, we had ponchos to give away. Of course, the mornings were sunny. :smirk:

I wished we had stayed at OKW the evening we had Akershus ADRs, in September 2008. But we ponchoed and sandaled and waded (water was really ankle deep) thru an empty World Showcase to Norway. Memories . . .

July 2018, after the big karate tournament ended, we finished the day at MK. We knew it was going to rain, but it’s just water. Walked out of Liberty Tree Tavern on our way to Tomorrowland, as it started to drizzle, and then rain. By the time we reached the Hub we were drenched. Luckily the bulk of the drenching was over by fireworks time, and really, back by the Carrousel and Mickey’s Philharmagic the fireworks were magical. :blush:

1 Like

:shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

2 Likes

you really need to specify the season in this. January, 45 degrees rain is different from August 95 degrees rain, and therefore different outcomes

3 Likes

My other, a recent hypothetical that I plan on trying next month, is as soon as it starts book an outdoor LL with immediate arrival… if it rains hard then maybe I’ll get an anytime!

4 Likes

We have been fortunate to mostly avoid the rain. The one time we experienced it very badly was August 2020, and we were in Disney Springs. Due to capacity limits indoors, they wouldn’t let people step inside when the rain was a downpour. So, we ponchoed up and still ended up soaked.

Anyhow, other times we just avoid the rain by going inside, or waiting inside (if we already were inside) until it subsides.

While we bring ponchos, we haven’t ended up using except that aforementioned time.

I suppose I should also mention the time we were at UOR and a Tropical Storm blew over Florida. It started to rain while we were in a ride, and then it never stopped. The stroller and everything (including us) ended up soaked and soon everyone was leaving the parks. We hunkered down in our condo for the next day and a half of non stop torrential rain. Only went out to rent a movie from a Redbox machine.

1 Like

We’ve swim in the pool in the rain. We’ve done outdoor coasters in the rain. It rains a lot without lightning.

3 Likes