Poll Time! What to call Ratatouille ride at Epcot?

Reminds me of the time my 5 year old niece returned home from her first trip to WDW. I asked if she saw Pooh and she had a confused look on her face. My sister-in-law said … “We call him Winnie. Pooh has a different meaning in our house.”

10 Likes

Oh, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. :joy::joy::joy:

2 stacks deep. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

You might need it after a game of Twilight Imperium

5 Likes

Those who missed my trip report may not have seen this gem:

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: thunder pooh splash… what have you been eating???

3 Likes

Well his name is Winnie-ther-pooh.
(And if that doesn’t make sense, unfortunately it seems that that’s all we’ll get out of Christopher on the subject)

3 Likes

Oh so he’s a badass? Winnie the shit.

6 Likes

Great now I keep picturing gangsta Winnie shit bear. He’s been ruined now for all time.

5 Likes

Because it’s short for ratatouille. Why is th…ohhhhhhhh you thought we meant rat as in rodent!

:laughing:

(we did)

6 Likes

Why you hate animals??? :frowning:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be gifted an animal. That’s a huge commitment and one that shouldn’t be a taken on without consent and foreknowledge.

(But also I’m not really into pets. I’m allergic to most with fur and I’m scared of anything big or creepy or sharp. If I did get a pet, it would be a small to mid size hypoallergenic dog.)

3 Likes

OK that’s fair.

Also, so sorry to hear you are afraid of me

6 Likes

Ok I have a proposal. Ratatouille is a fine name to say but is long to type every time. So I get it. So how to shorten it?

Rata2E

Eh?!

:smirk:

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

9 Likes

You mean besides the obvious? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Rat!

4 Likes

Our turtle is a pretty cool pet. He has a lot of personality, doesn’t shed hair, only needs to be fed 2x/week, and spends most of his day swimming or basking on his dock.

Raphael (named by 3rd graders)
He is a 15yo Red Eared Slider

8 Likes

I listen to a podcast called The Disney Crush Podcast.

One of the hosts of the show has a son named Michael with autism or aspergers. He never fails to join the show for a minute - lovingly dubbed “Michael’s Minute” each week. Well his father doesn’t love Disney quite so much as he and his mother (the show host) do, and he is always complaining about the rat stealing all of their money (mickey mouse). Michael will often vocalize this by saying “Raaaaaaaaaaaat!!!”

And so this is why I am fond of calling the ride Rat. It makes me think of Michael.

8 Likes

Speaking of kids naming pets, my son’s 1st grade class was raising baby chicks. They named them all. “The tallest one” was called Steph Curry. I had to look that one up when he told it to me.

5 Likes