Poll Time! The Star Wars Films

Folks in the Pixar poll series were clamoring for a Star Wars poll, so here it goes. Rather than just one poll, I’m going to split this into a few to attack the question from multiple angles. Please vote in each poll, even if you haven’t seen all the films.

Poll 1: Which of the Star Wars films have you seen? (select all that apply)

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
  • Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
  • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
  • Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
  • Rogue One (2016)
  • Solo (2018)

0 voters

Poll 2: Which of the Star Wars films do you enjoy? (select all that apply)

• Rogue One (2016)
  • Solo (2018)

0 voters

Poll 3: Which of the Star Wars films are your favorites? (select up to 3)

• Rogue One (2016)
  • Solo (2018)

0 voters

Poll 4: Which trilogy is your favorite? (select one)

• Prequel (I-III)
  • Original (IV-VI)
  • Sequel (VII-IX)

0 voters

Poll 5: Which is your favorite film in the prequel trilogy?(select one)

0 voters

Poll 6: Which is your favorite film in the original trilogy?(select one)

0 voters

Poll 7: Which is your favorite film in the sequel trilogy?(select one)

0 voters

As a reminder, the discussion is more than half the fun! Weigh in (respectfully) below! I’ll probably do polls about the TV shows at a later time.

Also, if you make a mistake and want to revote in any of the polls, click “Show Vote” in the lower-left hand corner of the respective poll and you can make your revised selections.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
6 Likes

Yes! So fun. Good questions Jeff!

1 Like

(I’m watching the results to question 2 like a hawk to see who can still be friends with me. :eyes::eyes::eyes:

So far @AkronAaron, @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma, @heardof6, and @Tall_Paul1 are on my good side. :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

6 Likes

I am impossible in this one. I cannot separate them out in my head. I have no idea what happens in each one, really – or more specifically where one ends and the next starts.

But I really did like them all. All. I loved getting Darth Vader’s backstory and learning what makes him tick. I loved seeing Rey come into her own and become “all the Jedi”. And I loved everything in between. Which I realize makes me a crummy fan. But I don’t actually care.

11 Likes

Oh good! :joy: :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

Still haven’t seen Solo, although I intend to. I am still working my way through the entire MCU. I have about 5 more of those to go.

2 Likes

This is quite a comprehensive poll. Thanks for putting it together! I’ve seen and enjoyed them all, and I’m very interested to see which film from each trilogy comes out on top. I voted 2, 6, and 7 - Episode 2 remains the most memorable for me from the prequel trilogy. I love the way Episode 6 wraps up and improves storylines, and I like how Episode 7 is an efficient reboot of episode 4, pulling threads to show what could happen if just a few small details changed.

3 Likes

#5 needs a “None of the Above” option. I really didn’t like EP I or II, and still can’t bring myself to watch III.

5 Likes

Wait, there are people who enjoy episode one?

6 Likes

That’s when Anakin is little right?

That’d be me :raising_hand_woman:

7 Likes

Lots of reasons not to…

• Jar Jar Binks
  • Poor acting on the part of several actors
  • Jar Jar Binks
  • Poor script making the bad acting even worse
  • Jar Jar Binks
  • The other Gungans
  • Jar Jar Binks
  • More of a CGI video game than actual movie
  • Jar Jar Binks
9 Likes

EP 3 was the undeniably best of the prequels…but I still can’t forgive Lucas for not delivering us what he canonically promised us based on the details he dropped in the original trilogy.

2 Likes

Almost got me to give you a heart on this one. Legit LOL’d.

Look, Phantom Menace has a soft spot in my heart for a variety of reasons. But enjoyable? No.

3 Likes

I don’t understand this statement. How can you both like it and not like it?

2 Likes

Here’s my attempt to summarize:

I: Young boy Anakin wins a podrace and Padme saves her planet
II: Lusty Anakin falls in love with hot Padme and the Clone Army rescues them from the arena.
III: Anakin falls to the dark side in a self-fulfilling attempt to save Padme.
IV: R2 and Ben get Luke to save Leia and destroy the Death Star c/o Han & Chewie.
V: Rebels flee frozen hell, Luke is trained by Yoda, and Vader is Luke’s father.
VI: Luke saves frozen Han, faces the Emperor, Anakin is redeemed, and Death Star 2 is destroyed.
VII: Rey meets Han, Kylo destroys Han, Resistance destroys Starkiller Base.
VIII: Rey is trained by reluctant Luke, kicks Snoke’s ass with Kylo, and Luke faces the First Order.
IX: The Resistance finally wins; Ben is turned good by Leia; Rey discovers she is a Palpatine but wins with help from all the Jedi.

RO: We learn how the Rebels really got those Death Star Plans in IV.
Solo: We learn what Han was up to as a young man.

12 Likes

Ah nooooo!

How can we separate out original episodes 4,5&6 Vs Lucas’s ‘I’ve got a new computer and I’m going to overuse it’ episode 4,5&6???

3 Likes

Just go with “Han shot first” as your guiding principle.

8 Likes

Please use whichever versions of the original trilogy you like best when answering the questions. I really don’t want to get into a Special Edition debate right now. :rofl:

5 Likes

I think I get to be added to that list, right? :grin:

1 Like

When I watch a movie (or TV show), I don’t think, “What reasons should I not like this?” Instead, I just allow myself to be entertained and enlightened. If I’m not, I usually don’t rewatch the film. But it’s not in my nature to nitpick a film like that. (I do like to analyze a film to see what works, what makes it great, what could be better, but I don’t use that as criteria to decide if I like it or not.)

5 Likes