Poll Time! Should FPP return?

Oh, there you are! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thought I’d throw this in here.

In a poll from April, the majority of the1,566 voters clearly want some kind of reservation system. Fastpass+ narrowly beat a system either like Legacy FASTPASS or MaxPass at DL.

fp

2 Likes

That’s my vote! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Of course they do. Lots of people believe they are benefitting from such a system, even if they aren’t.

1 Like

Apparently that’s the case! It’s mental! :joy:

I don’t think, I know I benefitted from the FP system. Between rope drop, FP (3 or more) and knowing the timing of crowds, we didn’t wait longer than 20 minutes for any ride at DW last trip, including FOP. If we went now, we’d be waiting in lines longer than 20 minutes for most of the day.

7 Likes

No FPs reduces the wait for some attractions: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Star Tours. But you are right, it greatly increases the waits for top tier attractions.

6 Likes

I didn’t wait long for any of those attractions, except Star Tours, when there were FPs. That was all about knowing the right time to go. We got multiple FPs though for Star Tours. That was an easy 4th, 5th, etc FP.

4 Likes

Last week when all other rides were 60-120 minutes I timed Star Tours at 4 minutes (and less multiple times), Living with the Land at 1 minute, and Spaceship Earth at 3? With FPs the FPs would slow the standby line (Spaceship Earth Standby had been snaking up the side of the building).

2 Likes

I’m with you. And here is part of the reason. If there are lines greater than 30 mins, I won’t wait and we miss out on those rides. Our November 2019 trip, with RD, my three FPP, and same day drops we rode every ride in every park that we cared to (pretty much all of them) without waiting more than a few minutes for everything but FEA and MF. Those two waits were horrible and there is no way I’d do multiple waits in a day ever. Meanwhile, if I went now and had to actually wait in lines, I wouldn’t. I would miss the rides bc I won’t wait.

I prefer a MaxPass time or legacy FP. But without something to mitigate waiting I won’t go back. Lines are miserable.

6 Likes

Have you been following @Dreamer’s TR? The wait times are crazy LOW :face_with_monocle: w/o any FP;) We need to ask her about it :wink: You can’t do another trip report. Silenzio, Bruno! - Walt Disney World / Trip Reports - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

3 Likes

I’m hoping something is in effect when we go in November/December. We are doing this trip at this point. If there are lines, then I guess this will be a real laid back trip.

1 Like

I’ve actually only been looking at the pictures. That’s great to hear the ride lines are short. I hope that persists!

2 Likes

I do that a lot too :shushing_face: but some reports, like hers, are light on words and high on pics so I can keep up w/ the reading too :laughing:

1 Like

I’m better at taking photos than I am writing.

2 Likes

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Captions are good enough for me. I think that’s the trick to doing live reports :wink:

4 Likes

Pictures are easier.

2 Likes

Yea. And busy people can stay involved. :heart:

1 Like

:hugs:

Yup. In five trips to WDW from 2017 to 2019 I never waited more than 30 mins in line for anything and it was typically 15 mins or less.

I learned how to play the system. And it worked out really well for me.

1 Like