Poll Time! Should FPP return?

I don’t like the fact the photographers have you do these stupid poses that are completely unnatural. And the magic shots anyone can do themselves. So, I just wish the photographers would focus on quality photos. The best we got was one in front of the castle just as the barbershop quartet passed behind us on the trolley. The photographer purposely timed that shot for us. Great shot without gimmicks.

3 Likes

I thought of time too but adding dvc/deluxe didn’t make sense to me.

2 Likes

Are memory maker and photo pass the same thing? Or what’s the difference?

1 Like

Could this be part of the delay in FPP returning? They just haven’t reopened enough of the other activities to give people things to do instead of wait in line?

3 Likes

I think PhotoPass is the system in general and Memory Maker is the deal to buy PhotoPass photos bundled for the duration of your trip for a single price. So you can either buy individual PhotoPass photos or buy Memory Maker and get them all.

1 Like

You can get a one-day MM

And the $50 shoot is just the shoot - you then also pay for the pics you want unless you have MM

1 Like

4 Likes

I don’t think you’re right. That doesn’t describe me at all, but if it were up to me I might just get rid of FP altogether and go to standby only lines. I don’t like having to plan out my vacation months in advance and then stick to it, or have a mad scramble to secure a better spot in line. And I’m a planner by nature, but I like to have the flexibility to change my plans if necessary.

Or the FP folks would be in standby behind the standby guests, because the FP folks got to the line after the standby guests. Because often the FP people end up riding before the standby guests who were in line when the FP folks got there, right? Otherwise, what’d be the point of FP? (Am I misunderstanding what you’re saying above?)

It would be interesting to see if people’s opinions changed if there was a specific reduction in FP availability linked into the question!

I interpreted the lower % dedicated to FP as a desire for shorter standby lines - because we all end up in standby sometimes, right? It’d be nice if the standby lines weren’t quite so long.

4 Likes

Sorry, instead of “put out by” I should have said “adversely affected by” and I was replying to Jeff’s explanation. And the original premise that FP allowed people to stay out of the headliner queue and see “less than headliner” attractions while they waited for their FP window.

As for the tendency to choose 50%, I meant that there was probably a number of people who intuitively split availability equally. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

But this is all speculation.
Maybe they’ll keep it Standby Only?

3 Likes

Thanks! WDW makes it too complicated! :joy:(Which is probably the idea then you’ll just be like “Let’s get MM for the whole trip!”)

If I did FB I’d probably try that MM share group but I refuse to use FB so oh well! Not a big deal.

I do wish they had an option for just the ride photos.

1 Like

I’ve done the share once before and I’ve thought about doing it again. But when it comes down to it I just didn’t care for random strangers having access to my photos. I’m not normally a person who cares about that kind of thing much but it really didn’t feel okay. I’d be happy to do a share with people I know. But it just felt too sketch and that wasn’t worth the cost savings to me.

6 Likes

I think you can choose to buy individual photos. So after ride photos show up in MDE, you have a short window of time that you can purchase them individually. I’ve never done it nor tried…but might give you want you want.

1 Like

I’m sure they used to. I was planning to get it for our 2016 trip but then they starting including MM so I didn’t.

ETA yes they did.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t want to share with strangers, either. If I was sharing with people I knew it would be different. I do get the appeal, though.

2 Likes

Of course, doesn’t everyone have a couple of photos of random people show up for them?
I did a share with someone for Universal. We’d split the cost of the Black Friday sale. It worked out really well. She had commented in a thread about the sale, that she wished it was a bit cheaper. I’d been thinking the same thing. So, I messaged her. We decided to go for a share when we both had the same concern, that a stranger would be laughing at our photos. We’re about the same age and both fluffy. It worked well, and we became friendly discussing our trips.

3 Likes

I did the FB share twice since we were only in parks two days on each trip. Definitely not worth paying for. I guess I didn’t mind the idea of people looking at my pics. I will say that you only have access to download your pictures for a couple of hours. When I went in to download ours, there was only one family’s pictures in there with ours. After that we were again disconnected from the host so no one could access them after that. I am in general not super squeamish about my picture getting out there. I have long since given up my dreams of running for President! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m sure you’d be fine … I know there are some people out there whose Splash Mountain pics might be problematic!

It’s funny. I’m pretty private in general. For example, I virtually never post on non-anonymous social media (ex Facebook). Yet I don’t worry about sharing the memory maker. I figure that our lives are pretty boring and no one else will really be interested in our photos, and the chances are against any of the people in the MM share being a dangerous kook. And it’s sharing them with just a few people, not the entire internet.

Also, DH is thrifty about add ons. My options are pretty much MM share or skipping it, so I do the share.

I can understand not wanting to share photos with strangers, though.

3 Likes

That IS funny. I’m not especially private. I don’t worry about people watching what I’m doing or anyone tracking my movements. Like, at all.

But I was totally sketched out by people having my pictures (even as I know they can capture them when I share them on social media, et al).

How odd that with MM we switch places with our comfort. I wonder what might explain that.

2 Likes