Poll Time! Should FPP return?

Yes, it was $100 for the year on an AP.

1 Like

On this topic, I don’t think WDW would follow DLR’s model of including Photopass because the per-day economics are different. At DLR, most people are either APs and go random days throughout the year, or are visiting from out of town for 1-3 days. At WDW, guests are there 4+ days so paying for Photopass per day gets kind of expensive. The current way of having it for the duration is the most economical.

But maybe they’d go the other way and have Fastpass bundled on for the duration instead of per day? I doubt it, but it’s a possible configuration.

1 Like

It depended on when you purchased it. The first time I got it it was $79 and the most recent time was in December 19 it was $125 (not the $119 I thought). I know it was $100 one of the times I got it though.

2 Likes

I rarely shelled out for max pass. Maybe two different days? And I was going a lot. We would do some paper FP’s and supplement with single rider lines instead.

3 Likes

Yeah, the whole Memory Maker makes much more sense (and much more money) for Disney. Also DLR just doesn’t have the volume of photopass opportunities that they have at WDW so it makes sense to do it as an add on like they did. Btw they’re now charging $20 for JUST Photopass at WDW so you know that whatever version of MaxPass/Photopass they bring back after the AP overhaul WILL be more expensive.

2 Likes

That was the beauty of it! If it worked for you, then purchase it, if it didn’t, don’t. I loved going back to the room with my family for midday rest and scoring 3-4 fast passes and had our late afternoon/evening laid out for us. We would also stay onsite to get the extra hour in the parks. Not worth it to everyone, but definitely worth it to us.

3 Likes

100% agree. Perfect day in the park equals arriving at rope drop, head straight to most popular 1 or 2 rides beat the lines, use 3 fast passes 10am to 1pm, head back to hotel pool around 2pm and leave crowds behind and relax, schedule fast pass for evening park visit.

5 Likes

I agree with this!
Our last trip we’d use TP to plan out the first hour or so after RD, then 3 FPs back to back (moving them up to use them faster), then grabbing more at drops or just randomly seeing what we can get by refreshing. When we’re tired or have run out of good FPs, back to the hotel to swim, and maybe return to a park in the evening (with a FP scheduled).

I think there needs to be a way to deal with the extremely popular attractions (RoR, Tron in the future) other than FP. I just wish there was a guaranteed way for everyone to experience them once at some point during their stay.

6 Likes

Hagrid’s ride at UOR cost $300 million to build. So yeah, the parks literally benefit. As do the people attending them.

1 Like

Kong is a great ride but its EP line is a disgrace.

3 Likes

It blows my mind that people pay for MM. It is outrageously expensive. I don’t know how they’re not embarrassed to ask for the money.

1 Like

Once upon a time you used to have to buy individual photos on rides for like $8-10 a pop, then buy the photo from the photographers are the front and elsewhere at presumably a similar price. And they didn’t have all the special photo oppuntunities with the Magic Shots and whatnot. I think it’s worth it if you’re there for a week or something. Definitely not worth it if you’re there for a day or two. And at least there’s an advance purchase discount.

2 Likes

Not to mention people who do the MM share. Plus if you’re going with kids, the moments on those rides can be worth the expense. It makes the ride extra fun to pose for the cameras. People pay more for less enjoyment.

3 Likes

True!

I think that Photopass photographer rental for 20 minutes for $50 is a great deal, too, especially if you’re there on a big family trip or for a special occasion like a proposal or anniversary or something.

2 Likes

I’ll add that I do think $170 or whatever it is is too expensive. $80 or $90 would be more reasonable. Also I think some of the photographers need more training. With those expensive cameras and paying extra, you’d think the shots they get would look better than the ones you can get with your phone, but often they’re not, unfortunately.

7 Likes

There are so many scam extras at WDW. MM, park hopping, parking. They literally set out to drain you of every penny you possess.

4 Likes

Memory maker is never a big deal for us. When I have an active AP, fine we’ll use it. But I wouldn’t pay for it.

There’s a guy on Facebook running a group for MM where he charges $26/pp. He has to be using his AP to host, because literally everyone gets a slot that pays. From what I’ve seen you link as friends after your trip and then download your photos, then unlink.
He must be making a fortune.

1 Like

It’s a lot of money no doubt, but as you should particularly appreciate, there comes a point when you’ve spent so much money on a trip that another $200 is neither here nor there.

3 Likes

It would be nice if they had different options. Maybe you only want it one day. Or maybe you want a rides-only option, etc. they could charge less for an add-on like that. I’d pay $50 for all my ride photos. I don’t care as much about the magic shots.

1 Like

But that doesn’t address the time advantage of booking if staying onsite. I like that onsite guests can book first.

However I took the wording to include that under “additional access” when I voted.

1 Like