Double yup

5 Likes

100%

5 Likes

When do we expect these to open?

1 Like

Might I suggest? :laughing:

3 Likes

I believe the current timeframe merely states 2022? Or maybe they said summer 2022? I forget now.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I thought for sure they would both be open by our July 22 trip but now I’m not sure. I had a quick google and some sites don’t think GotG will open during the 50th celebration at all even though it doesn’t end till March 23.

1 Like

Sometime next year, but I honestly would not be surprised if it’s pushed til October or later to hit their next fiscal year.

3 Likes

I am extremely satisfied with Disney+. At least some of the credit should go to Chapek for that.

The parks is much more mixed, at best.

3 Likes

Disney+ was Iger’s doing, not Chapek’s.

3 Likes

There are things that have come out and that have been announced since Iger stepped down. If we can blame Chapek for everything bad, we have to give him credit for things that are good, too.

1 Like

What are these good things you speak of?

2 Likes

Like having to pay for stuff on D+ even though you’re already paying for D+? We really should have seen all this coming.

2 Likes

I agree. I’ve pointed out plenty of things Chapek has been improperly blamed for, as well as what he’s done well.

But, regardless, Disney+ is Iger’s baby, not Chapek’s. (Unless we are going to credit for not killing it??? hehe)

2 Likes

But…this was in response to the fact that movies couldn’t be brought to theaters.

3 Likes

Do we though?

Yes, exactly.

Good example

4 Likes

Sure, for a few months. Last I checked theatres were open.

1 Like

Almost NO ONE is going, though. Box office intake is pittance. So, they are releasing movies that would ONLY be in theaters still to Disney+ as an alternative. But once the movies would have stopped being at the box office is about when they will stop charging to see them on Disney+.

3 Likes

But if they were in the cinema only, would people go? Maybe, maybe not.

1 Like

This is actually true. And near me there is but one theatre open by now and it’s a Chunky’s (which serves dinner and has terrible seating IMO). I hate Chunky’s

1 Like