Bob Chapek has been the CEO of Disney for about 18 months now. I have heard a lot of chatter about the job he is doing, and was curious what everyone thinks. So, of course, a poll is in order:
How would you grade Bob Chapek’s performance so far?
My remarks are given as a reference point, but you don’t have to agree exactly with what I said - just focus on the letter grade A - F.
- A - His leadership is exactly what Disney needed to get through the pandemic; higher prices will keep crowds and lines more manageable
- B - His policies will be a net positive for guests and for the long-term health of the Company, even if I don’t like them right now
- C - Disney has become too profit-focused under his watch but I still enjoy the product
- D - I disagree with most / all of his decisions but there’s still time to correct course
- F - He has unsalvageably killed the magic; new leadership is needed ASAP
- Too soon to say how his policies will be judged overall
I don’t want this to become a Chapek bashing thread - I’d like to see constructive criticism. Feel free to elaborate on your vote and your thoughts.