Poll Time! How long will current measures be required?

This is one issue for Disney, but I think there is a second that Disney will consider when making decisions on restrictions. The second issue is that even if Disney thinks enough guests will be ok with less restrictions, Disney also has to factor in the risk of a superspreader event being linked to Disney. That could hurt business in the short and medium term.

1 Like

In schools in MA where masks have been in place both in school and the community- the first thing to go is the 6ft social distancing.

2 Likes

Same in our school here in Missouri. There is no more social distancing but masks are still required.

1 Like

I don’t know the specific plans in NH but logic would say first you let people be closer and do other “not distancing things” and if that goes well then you reduce mask requirements slowly, testing efficacy as you go.

3 Likes

But I imagine as crowds increasing staying on top of guest who aren’t wearing masks will be challenging.

The announcements by the BIG voice seem to be more frequent. I saw a family be stopped (yelling security) as they walked up to HS screening on Tuesday. One member w/o a mask and another w/ a gaiter. I didn’t hang around to see the outcome but it looked like they were being directed to the mask vending machine. The guard was only yelling to them as they approached to stop. There was no anger or yelling once they met up with guard near temp screen tent.

Mask enforcement is not happening at all in DS. I won’t go there anymore. Talked to a CM this week too that agrees w/ me. Also, funny story… or not… I turned around, while waiting in line at Sleepy Hollow, to find a couple right behind me and not following the ground spacing markers. I immediately put my cane up and said, “If I can touch you w/ my cane you are TOO close!” they responded w/ “Oh, Sorry ma’am” but didn’t back up. I then said, “My husband doesn’t like it when I say if I can hit you w/ my cane you’re too close cuz that’s too aggressive” again they said sorry. They stayed away from me for the rest of the wait. I HATE ppl sometimes. Everyone else was following the markers.

edited to add: I’m embarrassed to share this story and I can imagine that some are appalled… I can’t believe I said what I said. I was caught off guard. Disney is the only place, outside my house, I feel safe in this pandemic.

4 Likes

You’re right, although I travel with teens and/or adults. But teens are equivalent to adults in this situation. I have been to DLR with my niece and her five kids. Getting no where fast is a perfect description of those trips! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Disney also has an obligation to protect their employees. One could argue that this is more of a liability for them than guest safety since guests are choosing to be there and take the risk.

5 Likes

Good point. Didn’t mean to forget about them.

1 Like