Poll Time - Have you had COVID? December Edition

My brother had it, and full recovery took months, though the worst of it was weeks. Actually his ~20 YO daughter felt worse for far longer than he did.

We also had friends (probably the closest term…friends of my wife’s parents) who had it and the husband passed away from it. And another set of friends (again, friends of parents) who had it as well. In both cases, they got it from family gatherings.

My DS18 and DD17, who both work at Little Caesars, had a coworker who came down with it. The store closed for a time period and my kids had to stay home during that period until the 10 days had passed with no symptoms. Everyone wears masks at work, and no one else got it.

4 Likes

I just had to change my answer to this poll - my wife officially tested positive (has been having symptoms for several days and got tested Sunday). I probably have / had it too, though I feel fine.

5 Likes

My uncle (83) died of it in April. I’m a high school teacher and our district is fully remote and has been since the beginning of the school year. Most teachers in my school work remotely but of the 20 or so staff that have been going in to the building to work at least 4 have gotten covid including our principal and head secretary :woman_facepalming: . All have recovered. Just met with my dr and very possible that their practice will be giving vaccine to patients in early January :tada::tada::tada::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.

Oh, and have had several students tell me they have it so probably many more that have had and not told.

2 Likes

Big swing in these poll numbers since July.

2 Likes

Oh no! I am so sorry. Prayers for you and your family. I hope she recovers quickly.

2 Likes

Thanks! She is already feeling much better, though still has some minor symptoms. I’m still feeling fine, but am getting tested tomorrow to see if I have it. The only time I had symptoms was Monday night and they were very mild, so I’m not sure I would even test positive at this point even if I had it. :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

I hope she recovers quickly!

2 Likes

What are/were your symptoms? And your wife’s?
The variety is half the trouble in dealing with this virus IMO.

1 Like

DS11 brought it home from school. Thankfully was very mild and the rest tested negative. His only exposure was the school where only about half wear masks (including DS).

Not terribly surprising, I suppose.

2 Likes

My symptoms were mild aches in my chest, headaches, and chills. All very mild so far so I worry I haven’t really manifested yet. It’s been at least 8 days since I was exposed though. :man_shrugging:

My wife has nasal congestion, loss of taste (already starting to return), and phlegm in throat with occasional cough (the absence of persistent cough in either of us is confusing to me). She started feeling sick on Friday, I believe.

1 Like

It’s so variable!

1 Like

Wait. I think I have had COVID continuously for the past 20 years! :wink:

6 Likes

Or longer . . . :thinking:

[Disclaimer: no intent to belittle anyone’s serious, severe covid experiences. :heart:]

2 Likes

Exactly! I have allergies so it’s difficult for me to tell when I’m sick until it hits my sinuses or throat.

4 Likes

When I go anywhere where you have to answer questions about possible COVID symptoms, I just have to lie about having a cough. I always have a cough. So unless my cough gets bad, I will have to assume it is not COVID. But I once answered yes to that question and end up under interrogation lights. (Not really, but almost felt that way!)

3 Likes

Yep. It’s awful. I always have 2-3 symptoms.

2 Likes

Here they say: any new symptoms.

Makes it easier to say no. I can’t imagine living without any allergy symptoms.

4 Likes

On my way in to work every weekend they ask, “Any contact with covid positive people.”
I work in a hospital. With covid patients everywhere.
Dumb question or what??? I always answer, “Yes,” and watch their heads snap away from the computer screen and make eye-contact. Such a stupid question.

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve had almost all of the symptoms on the list. I still think of what I have as a mild case, but man do I feel sick! It’s not fun at all.

2 Likes